Quantcast

Cannondale Prophet

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea posted this in the DH forum and didnt get much response, so I figured I would post it in here. Here is my new ride. Tell me what you think.

Juicy 7's. Oh how sweet.

BTW, this bike is awesome. Havent had much time on it but from what I have done with it its awesome. It has a super sweet set up too. And the lefty is unbelievable. Test ride or buy one if you can.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea man it is. My neighbor who rides alll the time couldnt wait last November until the Blue came out. So he went with the Brown. So I ride mine around his house just to make him jealous. No im just playing. I wouldnt do that.

Which one do you have BussaFrame. Pics?

O yea BTW, its a Prophet 1000.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
We have 4 sitting at my shop right now, all lined up. Theres a 600, 800, 1000, and the 2000. But I must say, the 2000 is super hot in that Green. But that is big $$$.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
BussaFrame said:
Mine is built up without a lefty. I wanted the 4 cross frame for the extra materials at the welds. So I got that frame the built it up from there. Went with a Nixon Platinum though.

Here is a link to my pics.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117845
Jezzz. Thats awesome man. I know someone who built up a Prophet 600 and put a Zocchi Marathon on there. It looks sweet, but she could of always got the internals redone to get TPC and SPV. Thats whats so cool about the leftys. You can change the internal no problem. I hope..

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Yeah, the looks flexy comment had to come sooner or later. Lefty's are sweet because you can change the internals, I work at a shop and am just impatient. The 2 month wait time for a carbon lefty wasn't happening so I got that fork.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
rpk1988 said:
Jezzz. Thats awesome man. I know someone who built up a Prophet 600 and put a Zocchi Marathon on there. It looks sweet, but she could of always got the internals redone to get TPC and SPV. Thats whats so cool about the leftys. You can change the internal no problem. I hope..
I have talked with C/Dale tech support, and they confirm that all Lefty's can be upgraded to SPV+, for about $300 retail.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
sanjuro said:
I have talked with C/Dale tech support, and they confirm that all Lefty's can be upgraded to SPV+, for about $300 retail.
SPV, in my book, isn't an upgrade...TPC+...now THAT's an upgrade.

Don't mind SPV until it blows...which is about a week in all cases I've seen. Endless replacements. Ugh.

Prophets look awesome...was dreaming about a 4x model for a while myself. Both of you guys please post some ride impressions!! I love the adjustable geometry...the 4x looked like it could be a good trailbike with light-freeride duties included in the slack setting...maybe the best one-bike-only ride out there that I could find.

MD

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
MikeD, I have only taken my Prophet out once and it wasn't a real ride. When I finally get the pins out of my hand I will post some info about the ride. The 4x is a good choice for a trailbike, it has extra material at all the welds for extra strength, and only weighs a pound more than the reguler prophet frames. My frame was around 6.5lbs while the regular prophet frame is about 5.5 pounds.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I took Mr. Sherratt's 4X Prophet for curb hucking. It was very solid and a sweet feeling bike.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Ride Impression, Awesome! I havent quite got it fully dialed in yet, but I am going out riding today. I will let you know after, I am going to try some bigger stuff on it. The bike fits me great too. Im 6'3" and I was riding a large Jekyll and I would get back pain, since I have gotten on the Prophet in a XL, no back pain yet. Ill keep you posted.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Just got done riding this morning. 17 miles Auburn trail riding at it's best. My bike weighs about 29 lbs with heavyish ust rims but full XTR. As for SPV, I have been running it for two seasons, racing it also and have NEVER had a single problem with it. The lefty is also a ton stiffer than even the FOX 40 RC so get over the looks flexy crap. Go to GOlefty.com and get the scoop. You guys are silly. BMW, Ducati, Landing gear on Airplanes, they all use the single sided telescoping design. Ask DW about the lefty's flex factor. The frame is amazing and nimble. Very responsive and fun to ride. Very versatile. I have one built up for slalom and dj and one for trail riding. They're goodness.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heath and I used to show a picture of Cedric casing a back flip during a losing 4X race. He is about to face plant with the carbon lefty at full compression. The wheel has not deflected a MM.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Heath Sherratt said:
Just got done riding this morning. 17 miles Auburn trail riding at it's best. My bike weighs about 29 lbs with heavyish ust rims but full XTR. As for SPV, I have been running it for two seasons, racing it also and have NEVER had a single problem with it. The lefty is also a ton stiffer than even the FOX 40 RC so get over the looks flexy crap. Go to GOlefty.com and get the scoop. You guys are silly. BMW, Ducati, Landing gear on Airplanes, they all use the single sided telescoping design. Ask DW about the lefty's flex factor. The frame is amazing and nimble. Very responsive and fun to ride. Very versatile. I have one built up for slalom and dj and one for trail riding. They're goodness.
Think the Lefty's an awesome fork, structurally, but SPV blew on me within a month, and on all 3 SPV forks owned by my friends in a similar time. Just didn't work for us...and yeah, we were running it above the min. recommended air pressure. Some people have had luck with it, but in my experience (and that's not absolute, naturally) no one I know has.

TPC+ is QUALITY damping, though. I like TPC+ forks.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Very true. Just got back from a very long as ride. It was so much fun though. There are two other guys in the group that ride Prophets and one is my neighbor.

But yea man this bike is sweet. The Lefty is incredible, it climbs like no other. The rear shock is sweet and the Juicy 7's are 10x better then my old brakes. I think I am going to get rid of my 3rd chainring and just run 2. But man this bike is awesome. For once, I dont mind trying some drops. Very Very Very sweet. Go test ride one.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
MikeD said:
... a good trailbike with light-freeride duties...
One of my riding bud's bought a next-2-new one f/ a good price.
He's use to a 26lb XC machine so the 32lb was abit much for him, so he has been complaining about how heavy it is, how slack the head angle is, BlaBlaBla...
So far he's changed wheels, tires, post, bars & some other goodies & it's now down to 29lbs 'ish... But I think it will be a work-in-progress for quite a while.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea the tires that came on my 1000 are the High Roller Tubeless. So they are pretty heavy. But I went from a 28 pound XC bike to a 33 pound (its 33 because its an XL so it has more frame material,haha) and its fine. I actually climb better on this thing then I ever had. Maybe its because of the Stable Platform design. But I dont care what people say about it, its awesome. You have 140mm of travel and its stiff as hell. What more do you want. Haha.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I built one up for a customer that money was not an issue and we got it down to 25lbs. even. Stans tubless xc wheel set, mutanoraptor 2.4 tires, fsa carbon cranks that come on the 4000, easton carbon bar, fox rp3, egg beater ti pedals. So you see that you can remove even more weight if you want. I estimate that you can build a structurally sound 24lb prophet. That's nearly a 6 in travel trail bike!!! Who else can boast that? Pretty impressive, once again Cannondale is doing what the rest of the industry will wait ten years to copy.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Exactly. Well put my man. One time in our shop, a married couple ordered TWO, count em two Cannondale Prophet 4000 at $5000 a piece. Thats a lot of money. On one of the prophets the guy wanted a small 3rd chainring and in order for that to work we had to put a Alivio front der. on there and some wierd wiring system. But they were pretty stoked. And that bike is really like with the carbon bars, cranks, levers. Its one sweet ride.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea so I am getting rid of my 3rd Chainring and I am putting a Salsa Trials bash on there. It should be pretty cool. I get more pics of the dirty bike once it comes in.