Quantcast

Can't get juicys or hopes! hayes mag?

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Originally posted by Jm_
well..my real point is that if you can't set up hopes, you should probably stay away from hayes and magura (and most other brakes out there)....besides hopes I have pretty good experience with the other two, and if I can install the other two, hopes are no big deal.

And yeah, I get As in all my classes...however that only means that I know how to get As and take tests, but at least it means that I know how to do something really well.
*WHOOSH*

Anyway, I've seen one of the guys set up Hayes and he does an awesome job (ie my brakes, which previously sucked, now do not), the other guy was just floor staff (not a mechanic). I'd say it's more a case of playing with your own stuff for ages to get it exactly right...

BMXERNAR

Chimp
May 31, 2004
arkansas
I was just wondering, I've never had any problems with my Hayes brakes at all. Easy to set up and never have to adjust them. But I have never used the hfx 9's. I heard that the Angel Fire downhill course is around a mile and a half long. Average time getting down the hill is about nine minutes. You can go to www.cyclecyndicate.com to check it out. Good Luck Try the red brake pads, I heard they work well

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by BMXERNAR
I was just wondering, I've never had any problems with my Hayes brakes at all. Easy to set up and never have to adjust them. But I have never used the hfx 9's. I heard that the Angel Fire downhill course is around a mile and a half long. Average time getting down the hill is about nine minutes. You can go to www.cyclecyndicate.com to check it out. Good Luck Try the red brake pads, I heard they work well
woah, must be real technical or have a lot of turns and not many open sections...that's an average of 10mph. I've heard they do a good job there...