Quantcast

Canyon Sender anyone?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
hi all
my friend just bought a Canyon Sender.
this Friday I saw him on the mountain with his new bike. it looks great and all. and the price is woow.
but, it feels like there is a small play in the linkage...
he said that Canyon already sent him a new linkage and its the same.
then they say its supposed to be like that... (?)
do any of you ride the Sender? do you have this free play in the linkage?

thanks

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
There is some side to side play on the extra linkage actuating the shock. They supposedly did it on purpose to decrease side loading on the shock.
At least the frame's really light, hey Ben?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Some play is kind of a given due to the bushings used for the system. Igus bushings are recommended to be installed with a loose fit (h9-F10 tolerance pairing). In the worst case this gives about 0,1mm of play in diameter for a 12mm bolt, which is quite something. Lateral play seems no problem as it seems that this occurs only in the middle of the „scissor“ that activates the shock.

Photo courtesy of pinkbike.

I am not saying that this is a very well thought out design (it isn‘t). There would be definitely enough room to implement bearings in the design.
Anyway, I have a CF Sender sitting here in my apartment. I couldn’t resist on their outlet deals. The sizing is perfect for me in the XL
Come springtime I‘ll come back with a ride report.:thumb:

At this point I have to say though, if I didn‘t get the blow out deal, I would’ve definitely got the AL version which misses the MX-link.
Someone in here that can elaborate on the differences between the leverage ratios between the two designs? Is there much of a difference?

Last edited: