Quantcast

Carlmont Cleanup Thread.

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
That's the same weekend? Darn.

I'd like to keep the published date, though. If we move it to the next weekend, I'd have to reorganize with the people already committed for the 10th.

damon

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
Some of the Pacifica Freeride crew will be heading over to Carlmont this Saturday @10am to pick up trash and haul out some larger items (ie, the couch).

If you'd like to help, please show up! We'll meet at the Village Drive gate. For directions, check the link below.

Google map to Village Drive.

PFR will supply the garbage bags. You bring gloves and hydration materials.

We'll load up a truck and take the garbage to Passion Trails. Thanks to Patty for donating the use of the PT dumpster.

If the weather is good, we plan to ride afterwards. I'll have my camera to take some photos.

Thanks!

Damon

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
Thanks to everyone that showed up at Carlmont today. We had over a dozen people show up to help. Specifically, thanks to Andres, Krishna, Bobby, Dirtbag Matt, Adam, Daniel, Gideon, Passion Trails Patty, and geez there were others, and thank you all.

We pulled out three couches, a sink, a piece of car, and five super-stuffed large trash bags. Pictures to follow.

Also, thanks to Charles and Patty from Passion Trails for letting us use their dumpster. Patty was out there at 10am and stayed until late, so double reps to her.

Thanks to the SF DirtLab crew and San Jose Greg for letting us use your trucks. You guys rock!

We installed a garbage can at the tree by the Meth Line. There's extra bags at the bottom of the can. If you want to earn some karma, you can drop full bags off at the Passion Trails dumpster.

Please respect the garbage can! Use it for trash, and we'll make sure it gets emptied on a regular basis.

After the clean up, we had a good ride session. It was awesome to see so many people of different ages and skill levels stepping it up.

Remember, Carlmont is one of a kind! There is no place in the Bay Area that has pro-level riding like Carlmont. If Carlmont gets closed, we are *screwed*. Keeping it clean of trash is one easy way to keep it open.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up.

See you on the trails.

Damon

knobbyknees

Chimp
Jul 18, 2006
Thanks to everyone that helped. I think there were about 20 people that picked up, and assuming nobody took any trash bags home with them, it looks like there were about 15 bags of garbage. Mitch came by later that afternoon with 5 bags in his truck that got carried to the top.

I didn't do a complete tour after the workday; there might be a few spots down by the high school that got missed but overall the place looks great.

I also cleaned up the exit where a bunch of gravel is washing into the street in front of the condos; shoveled it with some help from Greg into buckets and dumped it up on the hill. I think after the next rain I'll dig a drain dip across the bottom of the exit hill to make sure the water gets into that culvert instead of washing down onto the street.

Again, thanks everyone!

Patty