Quantcast

Carlmont has changed alot!

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I took a look out there today after riding waterdog. Seems like every lip out there is built up, there's different lines all over the place, and I found two ladder drops near the bottom. So much for working my way up :o:

Two shots, we hit the smaller drop. My friend crashed twice out there, once when he went off the lip not expecting it to be so steep on the run that drops in, hill jump, then couple smaller jumps into the berm. Took his foot off for some reason and just ate it. Some good weather though. Kind of windy, but it was cool, and sunny at the same time.

Oh and Brian, the brakes are weird. During the trail ride I was comin down a hill and I locked them up to see what would happen, the lever went all the way back to the handlebar
:eek: But as the ride went on, I was eventually able to skid all over if I wanted to? The lever goes in a little bit far, but I can adjust that with the screw inside the handle. Strange. And I took off that dust cover to see some fluid inside, but I don't think that has anything to do with it? I'll give it a couple more rides and see what happens. Thanks though! Feels ohhhh so nice to be on 2 wheels again.

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
i'm guess the ladder drops which i rode a few weeks ago were built by some of the local kids since they're small, in really odd places and reletively flat landings. not to mention the question of why would you need to build ladder drops at DMC? it's loaded with natural drops. but i appriciate the attempt and they're fun to hit at speed. but there are a bunch of great new lines that were built thoughout the winter. just got to look a bit deeper.

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
actually that stuff was built up by some guy with red hair and an old m1 with a super t. hes standing in the middle of the jump on this picture. ive seen him up there alot.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by DLo

Oh and Brian, the brakes are weird. During the trail ride I was comin down a hill and I locked them up to see what would happen, the lever went all the way back to the handlebar
:eek: But as the ride went on, I was eventually able to skid all over if I wanted to? The lever goes in a little bit far, but I can adjust that with the screw inside the handle. Strange. And I took off that dust cover to see some fluid inside, but I don't think that has anything to do with it? I'll give it a couple more rides and see what happens. Thanks though! Feels ohhhh so nice to be on 2 wheels again.
I hope you didn't introduce air back into the system by pulling the cover. I'll probably have you bring your bike by my place.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
No no no, it's the rubber piece that covers the nipple. The one that all the HAYES riders ;) end up losing.

I met that guy with the red hair and old school M1. Seemed like a pretty nice guy. And I took that pic :D Hope that kid recovers fast.