Quantcast

CCCX Race #8 (finals)!!!!!?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn, what happened at N* dude?!

mrpercussive - if you see me be sure to stop me and say hello. Just look for an audi wagon with black wheels. Normally parked next to a guy with a lowered jetta and another guy with a lowered old school volvo.

J_B - thanks dude. I am digging it. =]

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Damn, what happened at N* dude?!

mrpercussive - if you see me be sure to stop me and say hello. Just look for an audi wagon with black wheels. Normally parked next to a guy with a lowered jetta and another guy with a lowered old school volvo.

J_B - thanks dude. I am digging it. =]
will do... i'll look for a ridesfo saddle too.... XD

look for this bike...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Will do. Are you rocking a RideSFO jersey or anything? I will be in the Tomac 3/4 sleeve jersey with brown Royal shorts. See you out there!

Booyeah

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
nope... will be rocking a 661 SP2 suit and thats about it... lols. Either that or the guy in wearing nothing but lycra and a jump lid... lols

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Not all of the trails are open on non race weekends, but a lot are. Most of them are very XC though, a lighter, short travel bike is what you'd want for Torro Park.

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
good race. i figured you would be there josh, brought the cranks, but didn't see you. could have given you the cranks then, as i woulda been next to you on the podium:happydance:, but had to skip the awards, as i had a previous commitment at home. downieville fell though, retard friends copped out at last second.

that winner guy, Damschen, complete sand bagger, huh josh? haha. jp with you man. good run for sure. Was hoping i would be closer to the top, but i had a couple little mistake/mini-crashes where i lost some time. next time. was fun though for sure, ive been missing out for a while.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn! I totally saw you head up to the top while I was waiting for someone to get back to our picnic site. We were on the grass right at the begining of the parking lot. I figured I would catch up to you later. Then I saw you beat me and that I could talk to you then haha! We can meet up whenever works for you.

As for the race, it was a ton of fun hanging out with everyone and enjoying some sweet sweet victory adult beverages after we all did our runs. Great job Brian, Scott, Ryan, and Brian! Glad to see both Brians won some pretty nice stuff in the raffle too! Brian D, you suck for both you and Kelly winning forks in the raffle. I scored a XT derailer for my big bike. Sweet.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Good times, guess I'm going to have to step up to expert next time since nearly everyone I'm riding with has whipped out some sort of joke about sand bags :P

I did enjoy my frosty post race beverage Josh- thanks for the hookup! Looks like I'm buying next time. Speaking of buying, anyone need an x-fusion fork? We've already got one exactly like it on my hard tail and rant out of uses for this one.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Make a lamp out of it!

You are very welcome for the beer. You rocked this last race. You would have gotten 3rd in expert! Nice work.

If anyone likes those SPD / platform pedals I have a set of Shimano DX (PD-M647) pedals for sale. $100 brand new. Retails for $130.

Oh, here is one of the times where we almost hit each other in practice. hahahaha

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah Brian D. got 1st in the race and 4th in the series.

Todd, I have another part to give back to you. I won one of the new XT rear deraillers in the raffle. Its the same one you got for your DH rig. Score. Also, were going to be (next block) neighbors as of Friday.

So this week is super busy/crazy for me with moving and all. We should all meet up to ride soon.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Oh, here is one of the times where we almost hit each other in practice. hahahaha

BUwahaha! Awesome! I was wondering if they got a picture of that. I got my panic foot out and my fork is almost bottomed out from the sketchy braking after that rut began to eject you over to the other side of the course. Fun for sure :clapping:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Killer, way to go Brian, take that Josh!Haha So when u goin to be in my hood Josh?I have all this Fatire in my fridge and Da laveaga is calling our names.
Yeah props to Brian and getting a super fast time. Would have been 3rd in expert.

Todd, I will be doing the final walk through on Friday at 6. After that we are starting to move all of the little stuff and boxes we can cram into our cars that night. We might even move our two fish tanks over. Saturday I am meeting up with my buddy and his F150 to get all of the big stuff from both houses. Sunday were going to get everything else and do the dog pen. Thats going to be the hardest thing to do. Do you happen to have any experience with chain link fencing? heh