Quantcast

cell coverage?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm looking to change providers. Are you particularly happy with the coverage your provider has given? If so, post up.

TIA!

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
SkaredShtles said:
T-mobile sucks. Especially in the hills/mountains.

I've actually had great experience with T-mobile in the foothills/mountains...Rarely drop a call and I get service anywhere in summit county.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
cing/ t mo is the way to go. Verizon uses an analog back up which goes a way in a year, so after that there will almost 0 coverage in the mtns. I have cingular and it worked at every race this year. Had friends who have verizon and it didnt work at all the races.

Just remember when getting a new phone to get the best phone pricing it will require a 2 year contract. Each provider has different return policies ranging from 2 days to 30 days. Also make sure you purchase your phone from a corporate store(company owned and operated). Buying from 3 party vendors can be harmful to your customer experience and to your bill.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I like my Cingular, but bear in mind, the only way for it to work well is to have a phone that'll read both the GSM (Digital) and analog networks, especcially if you're travelling a lot. The nice thing about Cingular is they don't bend you over and have their way with you like Verizon does.

I've also heard good things about T-mobile, though I have no actual experience with them.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
snowskilz said:
cing/ t mo is the way to go. Verizon uses an analog back up which goes a way in a year, so after that there will almost 0 coverage in the mtns. I have cingular and it worked at every race this year. Had friends who have verizon and it didnt work at all the races.

Just remember when getting a new phone to get the best phone pricing it will require a 2 year contract. Each provider has different return policies ranging from 2 days to 30 days. Also make sure you purchase your phone from a corporate store(company owned and operated). Buying from 3 party vendors can be harmful to your customer experience and to your bill.
Bikerpunk241 said:
I like my Cingular, but bear in mind, the only way for it to work well is to have a phone that'll read both the GSM (Digital) and analog networks....
Great info! Thanks y'all!

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
T-mobile has been very good to me. I do not know about Cingular. But when they were AT&T it sucked big time. I couldn't even use my phone at home. I live in downtown Denver.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
From a dealer that lives in summit county, they hate Nextel coverage. Very Spotty and limited towers.

I've had Cingular, Verizon and T-mobile. You will have the best coverage in remote areas (mtn biking front range), with Verizon or Cingular. T-mobile doesn't work well around the front range riding areas (white ranch, mt falcon, Bergen Peak). It is extremely spotty in the summit county remote areas (Vail, commando run, wheeler, Kenosha-breck, etc.). Forget Fruita unless you're on I-70.
-from a mtn biker perspective.