Quantcast

CHAIN and CHINA share the same letters. Thursday GEE EM TEE &*&*&*&*&*

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Wife had the local moms over last night, so while they raged away in the basement I climbed in bed early. That was refreshing.

Now I'm hanging out, drinking coffee and reading in front of the electric fireplace. Not the worst place to find oneself.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sometimes work just makes me want to slam my head against the desk. :banghead:

Last week I submitted two documents to our person who manages all the controlled documents for this location (yeah, the enterprise system that manages controlled documents is so convoluted that we need a friggin' human being as an interface to it, for us plebs who don't use it everyday).

Anyways. Yesterday I get an email from that person, asking a list of people to approve one of them. So I respond later on asking about the second document, to which they say "well I just sent that approval reminder email to everyone". Hello, no, I'm talking about the second document that I gave to you that needs to be published - they even acknowledged it when I gave it to them. Now I'm just getting complete deer in the headlights type of look about it.

Le sigh. :twitch:

Anyways, todays a proper chipper day mate, cheers. Coffee'ing it now. :-):-):-):-):-):-)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Covid sick day from work, #2. Speaking of #2, the Plaxovid pills were promised to give me the shits but that has not come to fruition yet. I'll spend all day on the couch watching movies. The blazing headache is the worst.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Mrs brought home fresh croissants from the coffee shop.:fancy: Quite delicious.

Heading to office this afternoon and will be there tomorrow for a meeting too. This whole going to the office every 3 months is pretty ok.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Fridge got back to temp, but it took all day. We're going to let it run for a few days, progressively adding things from downstairs as we use them. Hopefully it can keep holding temp and we don't have to get a new fridge.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
he'll come to this realization in a few days, give him time

/me is slinging barium today, so physically in the hospital. will have to be physically at HRH tomorrow as well, hmph. didn't even get enough snow to warrant one pass over the walkway with the ManPlow, but cold and gloomy so I drove and was traffic this morning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why I only free climb with my wood chipper
Smart. Can't die by wood chipper if the fall gets you first.

Bruh…

Flights are booked for Florida,

got a hotel at PDX that has parking for half the price of the airport. Thought about getting a ride from jimmydean but we’ve all see how he drives

in other news,

my small fortune in Milwaukee packout gear is becoming grotesque
Got a 3D printer? This dude offers some cool organizers for packouts. I'd go nuts if I could afford to.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Smart. Can't die by wood chipper if the fall gets you first.

Got a 3D printer? This dude offers some cool organizers for packouts. I'd go nuts if I could afford to.

My new printer has been running nonstop for the last week since I upgraded

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fucking adventures in parenting day today... kid was up from 3 to 5 last night, just being restless. woke up this morning with post-nasal drip and super whiney. so we called his school bus to say don't come, he won't be going in. 15 minutes later, he says he's feeling better and wants to go to school. so now I have to fucking drive him. only problem is, his school is on the opposite side of downtown. I have to drive him through that mess, which shouldn't be too bad given there's no rain or snow. trouble is, I live in the capital of the country, and my route takes me right in front of Parliament. I guess there was some sort of demonstration today (either for more climate action, for less climate action, support for Israel, support for Palestine, or maybe there still some freedumb truckers still lingering about). Either way, it was an hour round trip. no sooner had I got home that the school calls me to say he wasn't feeling well and was lying down. I was still in my pyjamas, so I jump in the shower and do it all over again... though it was much quicker the second time out...

now I have a sick kid at home, watching TV next to me as I try to work. harrumph. I guess it could be worse... it seems my back is getting better, so at least there's that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
does this phrase mean you're going to sell it before riding it and take up motorsport instead
It means I'm probably going to have to just look at a frameset for the next month. As I'm not expecting the wheels to arrive until late January.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Called for a driveway inspection and the county road dept is now trying to make me do an emergency vehicle turnaround (in an easement) and widen the street to county standards when none of it is on my property and has been existing since 2005. The dude below toshis parents cut back his property to where he took the subgrade out of the road and it isn't 14' any longer.

He never mentioned the driveway, I am about to armor up a D8

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Called for a driveway inspection and the county road dept is now trying to make me do an emergency vehicle turnaround (in an easement) and widen the street to county standards when none of it is on my property and has been existing since 2005. The dude below toshis parents cut back his property to where he took the subgrade out of the road and it isn't 14' any longer.

He never mentioned the driveway, I am about to armor up a D8

You could widen the road with a regular D8, just sayin'