Quantcast

Changing my website name.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have a free website (alpinekiwi.carbonmade.com) which for the most part, I'm happy with. It's free.

I don't like the name of it though.

Is it possible (or am I allowed) to somehow buy a domain name (ie. damianmcarthur.com) and have it direct to the free site? Even show up in the address bar as my new name?

Sometime in the future I'll be getting a website made using this domain name, but that's when I have spare cash laying around.:(

Until then, I'd kinda like to have some cards printed up, but don't want the alpinekiwi.carbonmade name on it.

Makes sense? Or is this a sh1tty thing to do to a free site host?

SupaTone

Monkey
Jun 5, 2008
French Alps
I have a free website (alpinekiwi.carbonmade.com) which for the most part, I'm happy with. It's free.

I don't like the name of it though.

Is it possible (or am I allowed) to somehow buy a domain name (ie. damianmcarthur.com) and have it direct to the free site? Even show up in the address bar as my new name?

Sometime in the future I'll be getting a website made using this domain name, but that's when I have spare cash laying around.:(

Until then, I'd kinda like to have some cards printed up, but don't want the alpinekiwi.carbonmade name on it.

Makes sense? Or is this a sh1tty thing to do to a free site host?
Derrrrrrrr - come on Damo.............

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
If you own your own domain name, you can point it to any service. This is what I recommend.

For example, if you buy damianmcarthur.com, in your domain host, you can point it to alpinekiwi.carbonmade.com ... or whatever your new site is when you get around to it.