Quantcast

Check out my Wedding Report in the Lounge!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
That is so awesome! Way to sidestep the wedding industry and do something totally unique and special to YOU! :)
Exactly! I wasn't going to hand over thousands of dollars for shiny fabric, flowers, and tent rentals. It just seems like a huge waste to drop thousands one day.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
DH Diva... you have the cutest rockabilly haircut ever.
--I was thinking the same thing!!! And ok, on the girly side, I love that black and white dress and the matching cake :) !! But I think the white motocross ensemble is awesome!!!! You guys are super cute! Congrats!!! I'm a total advocate for having a wedding that is totally different and significant to you! How did the parent's like it?

--Me and the hubby did a JP and then a big party on a party barge boat and the theme (being close to halloween) was Halloween...so everyone dressed up. My mom wasn't that nuts about it. She had always advocated doing my own thing for the wedding, but she secretly had other ideas... :bonk:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
--I was thinking the same thing!!! And ok, on the girly side, I love that black and white dress and the matching cake :) !! But I think the white motocross ensemble is awesome!!!! You guys are super cute! Congrats!!! I'm a total advocate for having a wedding that is totally different and significant to you! How did the parent's like it?

--Me and the hubby did a JP and then a big party on a party barge boat and the theme (being close to halloween) was Halloween...so everyone dressed up. My mom wasn't that nuts about it. She had always advocated doing my own thing for the wedding, but she secretly had other ideas... :bonk:
Why thank you! I loved my dress, but there was something so cool about rocking the white riding gear. And, it actually cleans up really well and didn't absorbe too much brown yuck. Thank you TROY LEE DESIGNS!! :cupidarrow: As far as the parents, 3 of 4 really enjoyed it. One person, who shall remain nameless, was less than stoked, but I don't care because Dave and I paid for it all so we could have it our way!

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
We're doing a fun wedding up at Whistler this August. I would have been happy doing a very small little something like you, but we have MAJOR family issues with that. Still, we're limiting our guestlist to about 60 people. It'll definitely be less expensive than the traditional wedding, but more expensive than what I would like.

I'm trying not to buy into the wedding industry though...got family doing the photography, and have found some great vendors on craigslist (guitarist, videographer).

Can't wait to post pics on here, b/c we've got something fun and special planned for the day of...you'll see...

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Congrats!!! You both look so happy and what an awesome way to tie the knot!

And yes, the TLD gear kicks butt. That's my main ATV race gear this year and it cleans up surpisingly well...and looks damn good in photos cause it stands out ;)

And you look beautiful in your after ride dress (but not quite as good as in your riding gear ;) )

Wishing you both the best and hope things are going well for ya!