Quantcast

Check out this custom rig (on loan from a friend)

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
This is a one-off made by Bill Stevenson of Olympia, WA.
A bro of mine is letting me use it for a little while. I am a total NEWB and this rig gave me my first satisfactory session today.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
woah, old school.

What year was that made in - looks like its in good shape. If you ever want to ride, there is a group of us up in the seatle tacoma area who have group rides every weekend - just PM me.

Any idea on the price that was paid for that?

Jonathan

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I believe it was around $2500 or so. It was a custom one off design created by a client of Stevensons. I am just getting into it. Just started 4 days ago. I had my first luck hopping up stairs today.

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
nice! must be a good friend! tell me how the trials goes for ya. im afraid i wouldnt have balance an/or patience for it.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
What up T90?. I cant believe you actually posted. I am truly honored by your presence. And thanks for loaning me this rig. I have finally gotten the hang of some of this trials stuff.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
newer bikes fall into one of two classes - stocks (dual 26 inch wheels) or mods (20 inch up front and either a 19 or a 20 inch in back). I believe the 24f and 20r was big in the mid 90s. Doesnt matter how good you are man, you learn a ton faster riding with a group of people better then you. We are gonna do a practice comp up here in tacoma this weekend. Again, just PM if you want to come.

2500 is a ton for a trials bike. Even a one off. I know that Peyto and Desalvo do them for much cheaper. That said, it is a damned nice looking bike.

Jonathan

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Its wierd, one day I hop on it and I cant do anything wrong. I've been doing front pivots and rear pivots, side hops and hopping stairs (though not successfully to the top yet). Then the next day I get on and crap, cant do ****e. Its a ton of work and well worth it. I have improved sooooo much in the last week. A week and a half ago or so I couldn't do jack.