Quantcast

Children of Maine Guard unit taunted by teachers...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Children of Maine Guard unit taunted by teachers
By Robert Stacy McCain
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Members of the Maine National Guard, called up to prepare for an attack on Iraq, have asserted that their children are being harassed at school by teachers who oppose the war.

Guard members say their children are "coming home upset, depressed, crying," said Maj. Peter Rogers, a spokesman for the Maine National Guard. "This was based on some incidents that were happening in school, both in the classroom and on the playground."

(MORE)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by Damn True
shameful:angry:
any way to get email addy's for any of those teachers?

if i were called back and my son's teachers made comments toward him about me.......let's just say that i would be slightly delayed in reporting for duty.:angry: :angry: :angry:

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
From the above linked atricle:

"A "fact-gathering" process about the incidents is under way, Maj. Rogers said. The incidents involved students in elementary and middle schools, some as young as 7 years old, he said."

Oh what? A fact gathering process? Is that supposed to mean we can't go on hearsay? It sure seems to work for the media. Nice one sided story.

What if it turns out that the kids were just upset because the teachers were explaining to the kids tht there are people who don't agree with the war because of the risk of Amercan troops being killed etc. Then the kids (who are not as dumb as everyone thinks) put two and two together and says"Oh **** that could mean one of my parents could be killed". The kid comes home crying saying "Is daddy going to be killed?"

You won't hear about this story again unless it's gets juicier.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
What's "shameful" is that people seem to have made their minds up without hearing both sides of the story. Can anyone say media beat up? I'd like to see what the teachers have to say before passing judgement.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Originally posted by valve bouncer
What's "shameful" is that people seem to have made their minds up without hearing both sides of the story. Can anyone say media beat up? I'd like to see what the teachers have to say before passing judgement.
Thank You!!!!!

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
No, we only want sensational media coverage. :rolleyes:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
See the way it works is that you can't believe the media until they report something in a manner that is consistent with your own beliefs. And when that happens all doubts about the media are forgotten, they are now the fortress of truth that would never report something that wasn't the complete and factual story.

The rest of the time its "Blah blah liberal media blah blah" or "blah blah conservative bent blah blah." Its all just noise in the end made by sheep.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I would have to say (for once) that I agree with you. (Assuming the report is true).

No one should;

Take issues with the forces over the orders they are following from the government. If someone disagrees with govt policy take it up with the govt, the forces are bound to follow policy and should not be viewed as responsible for it.

Take it out on the kids. Even Dubya's kids should not be subjected to harassment if you believe he is wrong and dangerous.

Sadly people are not that smart.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Guard members say their children are "coming home upset, depressed, crying," said Maj. Peter Rogers, a spokesman for the Maine National Guard. "This was based on some incidents that were happening in school, both in the classroom and on the playground."
All I need to know. I am 100% certain that the Major would not be shooting his mouth off to the press if he wasn't aware of both sides of the circumstances.

DRB hit a home run with his comment.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
All I need to know. I am 100% certain that the Major would not be shooting his mouth off to the press if he wasn't aware of both sides of the circumstances.

DRB hit a home run with his comment.
Except his comment argues directly against your "All I need to know..."

So which one is it?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'd like to see both sides of the argument first. I know that when I was a kid, the teacher was ALWAYS wrong, even when I frequently was the culprit. And yes, I was a good enough liar to get myself out of a lot of the **** that I created.

That doesn't mean that I was right.

I have to agree with DameTrue here though, if this story is correct, it is shameful. People in the Maine national guard don't exactly make policy.

That's like yelling at a teller at the bank for management's policies, even if they are stupid. It's not something they can control.

(This does have limits of course. For example, I do not endorse the actions of prison guards in Nazi Germany, even if they were just following orders.)