Quantcast

Chinese Doping Scandals

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Its not like the U.S. has that great of a reputation with doping; I think every nation struggles with cheats

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've often considered buying Chinese dolphin sandals but I'm concerned that PETA might throw paint on me if I ever wore them on the subway, plus I'm not sure if they're made in sweatshops or not. Anyone know a good domestic source for dolphin sandals?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I think it is government supported in China. That's the difference.
Maybe, but the COC is at least willing to punish the athletes, from the second article:

-- Chinese Olympic Committee (COC) punished 24 athletes and coaches for doping or handing out banned drugs.
The first article is fluff, sometimes the crap news organizations put out amazes me.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
I've often considered buying Chinese dolphin sandals but I'm concerned that PETA might throw paint on me if I ever wore them on the subway, plus I'm not sure if they're made in sweatshops or not. Anyone know a good domestic source for dolphin sandals?
move to China. then they will be your domestic source of dolphin sandals.

speaking of doping, did Amstrong have to piss in a cup or give a blood sample after Leadville?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
speaking of doping, did Amstrong have to piss in a cup or give a blood sample after Leadville?
I doubt it, Leadville operates outside of US Cycling's jurisdiction. I also doubt he would dope (if he ever did) for Leadville....why risk your reputation for a small event?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
damn, I fail :( I thought they used to self-insure?
They did last year for Floyd, and I think they did for some years before that.

But even if suspended, the 31-year-old former mountain bike pro can still ride in Leadville, assuming Floyd has the interest and the energy after the publicity tour promoting his book, "Positively False: The Real Story of How I Won The Tour de France." Leadville 100 race director Ken Chlouber said recently he'd drop the NORBA affiliation and pick up insurance through an independent carrier if Landis is suspended, just so Landis can ride in this race.

"I'm hopeful that the arbitration board gives him complete exoneration from those charges," Chlouber says. "But I'm not tied to NORBA. I can get the insurance from other places, so if he can still do a race that's not sanctioned by NORBA, then he'll be able to race here."

http://www.bicycling.com/article/1,6610,s1-6-12-16202-1,00.html

Last edited: