Quantcast

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Today we are having a pie baking contest at work - with a full tasting party going on later. I made a chocolate peanut butter pie that is totally awesome. It's very simple with peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, chocolate pudding, a graham cracker crust, and whipped cream. YUM!

I am SO ready for Thanksgiving.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
My wife makes a similar one that uses an "inside" of peanutbutter, creamcheese and whipped cream. The topping is just chocolate that is melted and mixed with heavy cream to soften it.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
-BB- said:
My wife makes a similar one that uses an "inside" of peanutbutter, creamcheese and whipped cream. The topping is just chocolate that is melted and mixed with heavy cream to soften it.
Mine does as well. We use a chcolate graham cracker crust and instead of the fancy sauce we use Hersey's out of the bottle. The pie is always a hit, and like Heidi said super simple, 30 minutes max.?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup butter
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 graham cracker crusts
2 cups milk
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
whipped topping

1. In a medium, mocrowave safe bowl, combine butter and peanut butter. Heat in the microwave until soft; mix well. Gradually stil in the sugar until the mixture resembles soft dough. Spread it into 2 pie crusts.

2. In a small bowl mix the milk with the instant pudding. Pour over the peanut butter mixture in each crust. Chill until firm.

3. Top pies with whipped toppping when ready to serve.

OK - now I made some modifications to the above. I only made one pie so I cut the peanut butter back to about 3/4 cup, cut the butter back to about 1/2 cup, used about 1 and 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar, and cut the milk in the pudding to 1.5 cups. This made the pudding layer thicker, which was waaaaaay better. I used crunchy peanut butter, but might try smooth next time. I think it needs more chocolate still too.

I'll be making one of these to take to Thanksgiving for sure.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm to lazy to make it myself, I just goes the Shari's, it's awesome.

That sounds so good right now...