Quantcast

Choices Choices

MudSlinger

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
Hey all,

I'm new to the forums, 17 years of age yada yada yada, anyway...

I'm not all that new to mountain biking i'v ebeen doing it for a while now and i'm looking into upgrading my bike right now to a XC model that will be able to hold its own in a race situation. I'm looking at a max price range of around $1100, hard tail obviously, and i've narrowed it down to two bikes that i'm set upon, just can't make the final decision. The two bikes are the Specialized Rockhopper pro disc....or the Devinci Chemeleon. I've developed a personal liking to the devinci, priced at $1099, and i like the fact that it's hand crafted (not factory built) in canada. Support the little guys and all. So, i'm asking for any of your opinions between these two bikes (specs, personal experience, and race functionality). Any input with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

later

Aug 22, 2004
go to hansrey.com and go to "ask hans" on the left side of your screen. email him and ask him if you can see a pic of his xc bike that he is selling. i was thinking about buying it but decided not to.he said every thing is brand new on the bike. it is a GT with a fox fork. its all tricked out and he is selling it. im not sure how much but im sure it is in your price range. It is his actual bike and he has riddin it. cheak it out it is awsome!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ive ridden both, i liked the devinci better, it seemed to be a bit burlier (is that even a word?) but it really is a matter of preferance, your choice.

face planter

Chimp
Jul 29, 2004
if i were you i would get a fisher bike like the hookooekoo it is around 900$ and it is awsome.and with the extra money if you dont already have some good clipless pedals you could get some.and some better components.or seat.or any other fisher bike they are really good.the website is www.fisherbikes.com and i would highly suggest getting 1 of there bikes.