Quantcast

Cholesterol

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Mines way to high.........

So, what do I need to do to lower it? My diets not real fatty, but it's still high non- the-less...............

I'm going to start withg the Garlic pills, but after my wrist gets better, back on the bike!!!

Jun 21, 2002
Colorado
I dont think there is anything better for cholesterol than to excercise aka ride your bike. Of course you may want to counsult a doctor because im not one. So I say ride like crazy and watch your meats and junk food the biggest casues of cholsteral problems. maybe eat vegeteain a coupel times a week wich is real good for your heart and all of you from what i understand garlic is anothier good way to help with cholesteral. Of course im not a doctor so Id ask him. Do not take my advice as a substittution for a doctors.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Thanks for the advice!!! I started my diet today.

So far it's shaping up to be like this:

Breakfast:
  • Multi vitamin
  • Garlic pill
  • slim fast

Lunch:
  • Yogurt
  • Lean Cuisine

Dinner:
Light meal with alot of green stuff

any opinions, comments or advice?

Originally posted by sirknight6

Breakfast:
  • Multi vitamin
  • Garlic pill
  • slim fast

Lunch:
  • Yogurt
  • Lean Cuisine

Dinner:

c'mon ralph - we've been through this before.... you are not eating enough....

fyi: things that are high in cholesterol include things with animal fat - therefore red meat=bad for your diet.

lean cuisine - usually full of sodium and not enough food to fill you up.

try eating 5-6 small meals a day with equal amounts of protein and carbs in each one (rather tough to do). you have a foremen grill - use it to cook lots and lots of chicken. do you like tuna? eat that too! slim fast = bad. more complex carbs and green stuff all day - like have a salad with lunch and with dinner......

more?

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by sirknight6

Breakfast:
  • Multi vitamin
  • Garlic pill
  • slim fast

Lunch:
  • Yogurt
  • Lean Cuisine

Dinner:

No beer?:confused:

Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
slim fast = bad. more complex carbs and green stuff all day - like have a salad with lunch and with dinner......
slim fast, yeeeecccccchhhhhh... and even worse, its nothing but sugar.

you are better off having a bowl of low sugar/high fiber cereal with milk.

or cottage cheese with fruit.

or an egg white omelette with red & green peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and some cheese on top.

there's too much simple carbohydrates (sugars) in our diets, and not enough complex carbohydrates.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Unfortunately, there are cases when diet and excersise alone can't riegn-in the problem. Have you seen a doctor? See what he or she would recomend, but in the mean time ride like a mutha!

We try not to keep meat in the house, so we eat veg for the most part Mon-Fri, then we treat ourselves on the weekend. I am really watching mine, as my family has a history of choleterol problems. Good luck man.

:monkey: