Quantcast

Choose me a bike.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I always roll my eyes when a grom posts "help me choose my bike" on the DH forum.

Well, this is the roadie forum and now its me that has no idea.

I have a road bike that I am riding nearly every day. Its a POS, but good enough for training purposes. However, I am enjoying road enough that its time to get me a better bike.

I'm still poor, so the budget ain't great. Tell me what you guys think is good for up to (but not over) 1000 euro - about $1500 USD.

If there are better offerings for cheaper, I'd love to hear them. I want to spend as little as possible, but get the best out of it.

Cheers

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Since you're in France, head over to Italy and see if you can find a used carbon number. There are a few Italians that won't be needing theirs for a bit. Perhaps you can get one cheap. :D

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I was actually thinking of importing from the States with your $ being as it is.

You got some online shops worth looking at?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Since you're in France, head over to Italy and see if you can find a used carbon number. There are a few Italians that won't be needing theirs for a bit. Perhaps you can get one cheap. :D
It may even have a fancy paint job with "Cobra" on the top tube :p

You got some online shops worth looking at?
jensonusa.com has been buying overstock bikes and reselling them fairly cheap. The problem with buying a road bike online is getting the fit right. I tend to spend lots of time looking at the geo numbers before I purchase