Quantcast

Choose my wine tonight.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have 4 bottles. Pick one.
I am cooking Veal Bolongnese.
I will chose by non-scientific stoner logic from the replies in this thread.

2003 Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon
2004 Trinity Oaks Pinot Noir
2004 Peachy Canyon Zinfandel Incerdibly Red Bin119
2003 Estrella Pinot Noir (1.75l :D)

voting starts....now.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I refuse to vote as I cannot support eating veal.

Yes, I eat meat, yes, I know cows aren't treated as well as I would prefer, but I cannot support eating an animal treated as badly as veal.

Sorry.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Don't apologize Mr. Sensitivity. :D

My Mother refuses to eat anything with a face or a mother. Get your chicks opinion if she is around, that is...if she is more of a man than you are!!!:rofl:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
The Zin.

Veal is a lightly flavored beef, basically, and the Pinot's are the boldest flavors i see there.

I think the Cab would work best for a Rib-Eye, personally.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
narlus said:
oh, and when LordOpie comes to my house, i am serving foie gras.

:D
when?

Cool!

And foie gras is just evil.

ironically, I used to think hunting was wrong, but now I realize it's the only true and honest way to be a carnivore.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
Hogwash. You could raise your stock and then ruthlessly slaughter them when the time comes. :p

Mmmm........ dead animal flesh. :drool:
as long as the stock you raise is free range, cool.

I'm all for eating animals, I just think we should treat them better while they're alive.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
And Fred, yeah, I'll ask my woman when I get home, uhh, but that'll be like 8pmEST, so maybe too late for your dinner.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
LordOpie said:
And Fred, yeah, I'll ask my woman when I get home, uhh, but that'll be like 8pmEST, so maybe too late for your dinner.
yeah, that is close to my bedtime.

SS-thanks, for playing!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Nobody said:
The Zin.

Veal is a lightly flavored beef, basically, and the Pinot's are the boldest flavors i see there.

I think the Cab would work best for a Rib-Eye, personally.
Funny, I generally find Zin to be more bold than Pinot Noir, at least to my palate.

Do we have to pick just one? I would drink the Trinity Oaks Pinot while cooking and the Zin with dinner. :)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
TN said:
^:mumble:
Ok, ok. :) If you are making a full-flavored bolognese (lots of aromatics, spices, etc.) or a heavy one on the creamy side I would go with the Zin because I think it will cut through a little better. But if you are doing a less assertive sauce with a focus on the veal, drink the Trinity Pinot.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I should have gone with the Zin. I opened both Pinots & both are like sucking on a jolly rancher, but the Trinity is like sucking on a jolly rancher & a rind of grapefruit. better luck next time. :dead:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
LordOpie said:

Yes, I eat meat, yes, I know cows aren't treated as well as I would prefer, but I cannot support eating an animal treated as badly as veal.

Sorry.

well good for you and your morals. I was a vegetarian, but veal is too good to pass up. I'd eat baby if it tasted as good as my dinner tonight.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
the sauce was definitely less assertive & the recipe had no dairy. does that sound odd to you?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
TN said:
the sauce was definitely less assertive & the recipe had no dairy. does that sound odd to you?
Well the recipes I see usually have some 1/2 & 1/2 or cream added in at some point (as in Nobody's recipe) but I guess it's open to interpretation. Sorry the wines didn't work out so well.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
LordOpie said:

Sorry.
But the meat is so tender when they kill them before they can walk.....

Go with the Cab Sav.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
TN said:
I should have gone with the Zin. I opened both Pinots & both are like sucking on a jolly rancher, but the Trinity is like sucking on a jolly rancher & a rind of grapefruit. better luck next time. :dead:

I was right about the Zin.

I knew it.

I'm god.

okay, kidding.

just a lucky stab in the dark.

mostly, i had just made a damn fine bolognese last Saturday and had the leftovers on Monday and the wine we had with it was a Zin.

partly, i just love real red zin.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
TN said:
Yes. Check my own version to see if there's significant variance.

blah blah blah, me me me, i i i, yadda yadda.

Fact is, i'm trying to pin down the best of the best, so that's why i post my own recipes. Where they have flaws, i rely on others to help 'fix' them...