Quantcast

Christmas in Pisgah v2.0

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yeah, I should be good and wound up from X-mas by then. So yeah.

With as little riding as I've done this summer due to bed/back issues, I'm really hoping for a mild winter. One of global climate change's few benefits.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, I should be good and wound up from X-mas by then. So yeah.

With as little riding as I've done this summer due to bed/back issues, I'm really hoping for a mild winter. One of global climate change's few benefits.
Come out.

I think we'll grab the same house we did last winter; two bedrooms plus lots of space for other people to crash or camp.

My buddy Norm who came last time is still recovering from invasive shoulder surgery and I have a seperated shoulder, so it'll be relaxed good times.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It looks like we now have 7 dudes coming down from Canaderp for the week of January 2nd-6th (leaving on the 7th). This is either going to be a total gong show....or a total gong show.

I'm thinking about heading down 2-3 days ahead of time to do some extra riding, lounging and touring; partly because I have the time off already and I also don't want to be part of the traveling circus trying to get 7 grown men, 7 bikes and all that gear from Canada to NC with no hiccups.

Why are some of these places so cheap? https://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/3288-in-Brevard-NC.html#dir-bar

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We're also still finalizing our rental house for the week. Room might be tight with all the bikes and guys, but if anyone wants to crash for the night and brings their own air mattress, you're more than welcome. We all fart profusely, though.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hotels are prob cheap because it’s totally the off season...
you should spend a day in charlotte and ride trails around town (and go to breweries); if you stayed in winston salem you could also hit trails there/in greensboro, and then do the trio in north wilkesboro on the way to asheville...

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
My holiday travel will have me back in NC by the 29th. We are visiting my in laws in (fucking) Maine. I will parlay this husbandly sacrifice into a pass so that I might freeze my balls of with you guys.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm guessing it'll be wet....

We looked last night and one of buddies weather apps was saying 50-60cm!?!? of snow, but we just assumed that someone must have fatfingered that one. :crazy: