Quantcast

Christmas present for the boy...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
his first rifle :thumb:

Rossi 22/410 combo. 2 barrels; .22 with low light sights and a 410 bead sight barrel.
he messed around with it at Dick's the other month and it seemed to fit him pretty well. I like the single shot, breach load, to keep things safer. I hope he'll be as stoked as i am :D

The Rossi Matched Pair line has set the standard for 2-barrel guns. The combination long gun package in unequalled, having been recognized as the best youth-sized gun. Rossi starts with one of its popular single shot rifles, then hand fits a shotgun barrel to create the Matched Pair. The result is a highly reliable rifle with adjustable fiber optic sights and a button rifled barrel for enhanced accuracy, which quickly swaps barrels to become the favorite shotgun...........
The package ships with a custom carrying case and dual-purpose strap. In addition the rifle barrel is drilled and tapped to hold the included scope mount base and hammer extension.

Last edited:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
interesting. I thought you would have gone with a ruger 10/22. Super easy to mod and keep the fun in those. Although the 410 is a nice exchange, I carried a 410 on my very first hunting trip, oh the memories.

Last edited:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
My uncle used to have a Winchester lever action in .410 and he used to shoot 45 colt's out of them on occasion... think it'll work on this one?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i just discovered that the dude who owns a lot of land just outside of my neighborhood is a retired cop....so, after a quick conversation with him, we now have permission to shoot on his land.

so noah finally got a chance to test out the new rifle. it took us a while to get the sight dialed in and for him to get used to shooting left handed but after about 30 minutes he was tearing it up. (and i got to play with my gun guns too! ;) )

i was rather impressed with how quickly he was learning. i coached him a little on his stance and after a few shots he had it dialed. (training him young in shoot/move stance instead of the traditional hunter/target off-hand stance)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
info on tactical shooting styles vs. standard hunting/target shooting can be found all over the net. there are hacks everywhere teaching their version of shooting methods; some work, some don't. progressive law enforcement agencies have followed the military's lead and have gotten away from the old school "weaver" stance and developed more dynamic and combat-proven shooting platforms. again, there are tons of places to learn a more aggressive shoot-move method but trying to narrow one down would take me a while.

start here for a big picture of what's out there:

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/articles/1204309-Tactical-Shooting-How-to-find-the-right-tactical-shooting-system-for-your-agency/

decent vid of some smooth/fast/fast/smooth shooting.