Quantcast

Churn and Burn 24 - Ashford, CT

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So does anyone still have any shopping to do before the race? I need to buy food, obviously, but I also need to buy a sleeping bag and a red flashing light for the back of my bike.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hahaha....speaking of BEER, I wonder if there will be any Harpoon presence there. They are the main sponsor and this race is listed on the harpoon website.

I don't know about you guys, but I like beer.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Does anyone know how well this course drains?

It looks like some steady rain for today, so its probably going to be a sloppy course come this weekend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm guessing that the course will drain well because there are lots of bridge crossings, which means streams for water to drain into. However, there are a few mud bogs so plan on getting dirty this weekend.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I'm guessing that the course will drain well because there are lots of bridge crossings, which means streams for water to drain into. However, there are a few mud bogs so plan on getting dirty this weekend.
Hmmm - I'm thinking I should probably bring a spare set of brake pads, my avid bb7's still have their orginal pads from last spring. I'd hate to be grinding metal on metal at 3am.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Maybe you boys can scope it out and let me know if I have electric, etc. so I can pack that. Tigg - do you have my cell number?
Yep, I sure do! I've got to call Haystack Calhoun Friday night as well with a "report", so I'll give you a buzz as well. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Oh......not sure how/if you all thought about this but 4 man & a short course, unless you plan to doubles there wil be a big diffence compared to Dalton - basically break times will be about 50% shorter (than Dalton.)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh......not sure how/if you all thought about this but 4 man & a short course, unless you plan to doubles there wil be a big diffence compared to Dalton - basically break times will be about 50% shorter (than Dalton.)
Yeah, we've discussed that. We're going to start by doing single laps. Everyone will be amped up and won't want to wait around. After a couple laps each, we'll probably start pulling doubles.

Doing one lap each means a MAXIMUM of two hours rest between turns.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
We're starting; 1,2,1,2,3,4,3,4....