Quantcast

Churn and Burn: due to technical difficulties....

clavin

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
Looks can be deciving , but not in this case. it was COLD !!!! at 2am just before I went out , it was 40 Degrees, and I'd be willing to bet it got colder! that was another mistake I made. I didn't bring enough Long sleeve jerseys on one of my laps I wore a heavy duty polortec sweat shirt that did not breath at all , but it was warm. I was might glad I brought my winter riding boots! at the trasition zone , they had those silver "space" Blankets , every one wrapped them selvs in them while waiting for there rider to come in.
I brought a pair of arm warmers and knee warmers so every jersey can become long sleeve. I rode the night laps in a vest and arm warmers and was plenty warm. Waiting at the start/finish was painful but those space blankets really do work.

Great job on the number of laps.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I brought a pair of arm warmers and knee warmers so every jersey can become long sleeve. I rode the night laps in a vest and arm warmers and was plenty warm. Waiting at the start/finish was painful but those space blankets really do work.

Great job on the number of laps.
I had to ask the guys how to "work" those foil blankets. Steve said "Wrap yourself in it."

:imstupid:

Hi all, I'm a n00b here.

I was wondering if any of you knows if there was a professional photographer on the C&B course. I saw a bunch of people taking pictures and some looked like pros. I am sure there are a bunch of pics out there from me and my buddies. We want to see them! :biggrin:
thanks

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I saw 3 pro photogs during the race. 1 at the start, and 2 on the course. I was shooting a bunch, and when I'm finished processing them, I'll post them. Apart from the ones I already posted, I have about 45 more that I'll flood this thread with.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
More pics!

I think this is Splat. I took some night shots of riders by the pond and when I returned to the pits, Splat was there.

More night shots

Took this while I was waiting for riders

Baboon

"Random" posing chick

NERAC rider

Mmmmmm, pancakes.

Bullitgrrl

Random riders

Art, after the race

That is all for now.

clavin

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
You were the Nerac rider ? You guys were stupid fast!!!
yeah. i have ridden with MMCG and QuoFan once at case and said hi to quofan at the race. i usually ride a rigid 29er but i noticed a crack in the fork a few days before the race and took the specialized out of retirement, a better decision given the course.

thanks for the compliment i would have had a 24 minute lap on my first lap but crashed just after the pond in the gravel and ended up with a 25.

the event was a good time, will probably be back next year. i was beat doing the event with 4 people and cannot imagine doing it solo, those folks are sick!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I can attest to the fact that Clavin is one fast mofo and he schooled my ass big time when we rode Case. He on his rigid SS 29er and me on my FS with gobs of travel.

yeah. i have ridden with MMCG and QuoFan once at case and said hi to quofan at the race. i usually ride a rigid 29er but i noticed a crack in the fork a few days before the race and took the specialized out of retirement, a better decision given the course.

thanks for the compliment i would have had a 24 minute lap on my first lap but crashed just after the pond in the gravel and ended up with a 25.

the event was a good time, will probably be back next year. i was beat doing the event with 4 people and cannot imagine doing it solo, those folks are sick!

so do you work there? I know someone who works there :)

clavin

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
so do you work there? I know someone who works there :)
no i do not work at nerac. i hooked up with them through vernon cycle a few years ago. i was looking for a group to start riding with after all my old riding friends either quit riding or moved far away. it is a good group and there are usually group rides at least twice a week.