I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK Boys and Girls 2 weeks!!! Woo Hoo!

So who all is going ? tigg ?

so Far

Splat and Baboon ( 2 man team )
Team upside down Pig ( MBC and Rachel , 2 person )
Treesaw ( Solo )

who else ?
Ed and Charlene have registered as a two person. Also, Keith and his friend Art are both doing solo. And of course, Quo Fan will be wrenching and BigT will be on hand.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I will be doing the pre-ride this Sunday. Anyone intersted in joining us? It'll be 9:00-ish...we have a picnic to get to at my mom's in the afternoon.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So splat, how are we handling laps?

One at a time?
Two at a time?
Three at a time at night?
Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, etc?

splat

Nam I am
So splat, how are we handling laps?

One at a time?
Two at a time?
Three at a time at night?
Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, etc?

that sound right except you didn't finish it

Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, ( gets Dark ) Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, Splat, Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, Splat, Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, Splat, Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, ( gets Light ) Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, Baboon

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
that sound right except you didn't finish it

Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, ( gets Dark ) Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, Splat, Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, Splat, Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, Splat, Baboon,Baboon,Baboon, ( gets Light ) Baboon, Splat, Splat, Splat, Baboon
:rant: Well riding keeps you warm at night! :D

seriously ,

I think the first couple laps should be 1 lap swap one lap swap , then go for double and even may be even triple during the late night so the other person can catch a Z or 2
Exactly what I was thinking. If you come back from a lap and I am not at the starting gate waiting, keep your ass pedaling. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Don't worry, I'll get his lazy butt to the starting line for you!
Damn, we ask for a wrench and get an enforcer. :(

I thought that this was this Saturday. I was planning my whole weekend around that. But if it's Sunday, that is doable too.
Well the course is open both days but we have a wedding to attend Saturday. We're going to ride Sunday morning but have to be heading back by 11:00 or so.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That might change on Saturday night. Hopefully not though.

A guy I bumped into told me they had a wicked T-storm roll through around 3 a.m. last Saturday night. You certainly couldn't tell from the trails!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Passing showers Friday night and Saturday morning would be a welcome change from the 12 hour downpour we had Friday night last year.

The course might be a little slick for the race, but there still won't be any huge puddles or mud bogs, based on the current conditions and weather forecast. Actually, a little rain would do the course some good.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
maybe a passing shower will help keep the dust down . ( but not enough to make a mud fest like we had last year )
There was standing water and mud on the course last year before the rain came. The rain just made it worse. The course was completely dry last weekend, even the streams.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good luck this weekend monkey racers!

I am officially out :( Syd's sick and I can't be away. I was hoping things would clear up but she seems to be getting worse so we're heading to the Dr. today for her 2nd ever sick baby appointment!