Quantcast

Clemson DH and DS Race October 14th

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Back due to popular demand...

Just a little heads up, on Saturday the 13th we will be holding Collegiate Conferences for both DH and DS so both courses will be closed down to the public.

Jon and I are in Talks with a couple different potential sponsors, but if anyone knows of any companies/groups/clubs whatever, that want to get involved please PM myself or Jon with any information

Hope to see a big turnout!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
so just day of practice right? can we ride the course after the race as well? i figure if i make the drive i might as well get in some runs.
any pics of the ds course or the new DH stuff? i seem to remember a pretty fun looking Dh course.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Murphy - Yes we got the bottle open, and I proceeded to drink the entire thing. It helped to numb the broken collar bone feeling.

Manimal - There are pics of the DS course floating around here somewhere, I'll take more pics of the changes to both courses this weekend when we make them.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
The ds course looks like a road:huh:
There is about 50 yards your on a road but 90% is trails and super fun for the hill they had to work with. You should come out and race. Trust me when I say its a lot of fun!!!!!! Sub- 2 min run if your fast and 2:30 if your just out for fun. The DS is all new and I haven't seen it yet. I hear it is 100% better than the one we built 7 years ago.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Just a little heads up, on Saturday the 13th we will be holding Collegiate Conferences for both DH and DS so both courses will be closed down to the public.

Jon and I are in Talks with a couple different potential sponsors, but if anyone knows of any companies/groups/clubs whatever, that want to get involved please PM myself or Jon with any information

Hope to see a big turnout![/QUOTE]

You guys can do a dual race with collegiate and NORBA at the same event. All you have to do is add the NORBA to your permit and it would save you some effort, plus collegiate riders can do one run that counts for both races.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
There is about 50 yards your on a road but 90% is trails and super fun for the hill they had to work with. You should come out and race. Trust me when I say its a lot of fun!!!!!! Sub- 2 min run if your fast and 2:30 if your just out for fun. The DS is all new and I haven't seen it yet. I hear it is 100% better than the one we built 7 years ago.
Yea i figured it wasnt done in the pics. Damn thats a long course. I wish i could make it up but im heading up to maryland to see my friends. Ill try to make it out some other time to ride. What kind of rollers/doubles/stuffs is there on the slalom course?

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
You guys can do a dual race with collegiate and NORBA at the same event. All you have to do is add the NORBA to your permit and it would save you some effort, plus collegiate riders can do one run that counts for both races.
Although that might sound like a good idea to give the collegiate riders a chance to race for our public race it will probably just make a HUGE mess of things. We're going to keep races separate with the collegiate race on the 13th and public race on the 14th. Basically if you want to race on the 14th then come race on the 14th and if people from the 13th want their times to go towards the public race too, they need to race on the 14th.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Although that might sound like a good idea to give the collegiate riders a chance to race for our public race it will probably just make a HUGE mess of things. We're going to keep races separate with the collegiate race on the 13th and public race on the 14th. Basically if you want to race on the 14th then come race on the 14th and if people from the 13th want their times to go towards the public race too, they need to race on the 14th.
True story

Collegiate race gets you points and is covered by NORBA insurance

Open race gets you prizes and no norba nonsense.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
We got the start gate finished last weekend, but unfortunately it cost a little more than we were expecting. The Club's bank account is almost dried up and we are in desperate need of more wood for the bridge on the DS course. Does anyone know of any business or person in the greater Clemson area that could possibly donate some wood to finish the bridge? We would of course Plug the Person/Business at our race.

airwalkrob

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Greenville EASTSIDE
We got the start gate finished last weekend, but unfortunately it cost a little more than we were expecting. The Club's bank account is almost dried up and we are in desperate need of more wood for the bridge on the DS course. Does anyone know of any business or person in the greater Clemson area that could possibly donate some wood to finish the bridge? We would of course Plug the Person/Business at our race.
Post a list of what you guys need.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hey guys. Was at the BMX track in Hendersonville and a bunch of hardtail guys and 1 on Herndon's old SX and another on a Yakuza all talked like they want to come out for the race.

Be sure to shoot a flyer out to the bike shops in Asheville.
You got one I can hand out Saturday at the track?

Oh...and it looks like I'm going to have to come race on my BMX cruiser. It sucks for the competitive racer in me...but should be a friggin hoot!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
butch the link to the pdf version is here

http://clemsonfreeride.com/rsc/RaceFlyer101407.pdf

do with it as you will and thanks a bunch for talkin it up for us!
Done.

FYI...keep in mind if you're signed up in that dh/DS group, that you can go in and add event dates, trail dates, etc and also set reminders for it to notify the group of your workday, event, ride, etc.

I am moderator and will approve just about anything...:brows:

Edit: LINK - http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/dh-ds/

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Got some prizes from Maxxis yesterday. My manager from my shop is at Interbike right now and he's getting us a couple more sponsors. So far we have stuff from Azonic, Tifosi, Maxxis, and Crank Bros.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
triad monkeys...carpool??
give this guy a ride. Besides...think of the perks.
1. Perfectly legal drive bys!
2. The term "roadkill" gets taken to a whole new level.
3. Some real action if someone gives you the finger.
4. Security detail in those seedy late night rest areas.
5. Handcuffs....ummm...err....nevermind

-rsklhm-

Chimp
Sep 27, 2007
I'm down here at USC... talked to a couple guys and we might come to the race. Are the trails open on weekends or any other time where we could come check em out and ride just for fun?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Got some prizes from Maxxis yesterday. My manager from my shop is at Interbike right now and he's getting us a couple more sponsors. So far we have stuff from Azonic, Tifosi, Maxxis, and Crank Bros.
Tifosi will not be able to give anything this time. We had to submit for product 2 month ahead for races. This was new to me. I tried.... I did tell Zac this. I did get Azonic and should know about Thomson as soon as my guy gets back from Interbike.