Quantcast

CLEMSON DH RACE APRIL 21st! open to everyone

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
red bull will be sending out a mass email to anyone that left their E-mail address on the waiver. I will also post a link to all the pictures when they are available.

Thanks to everyone that came out!!!!!!

Jun 11, 2004
Big thanks and props to the whole "crew" at the Clemson Freeride Club! Was a super fun time!

Something to think about..........there isn't much in the way of racing in the south east during the month of June...........maybe you guys should have another one?? The event went really well and I didn't talk to anyone who didn't have a blast. Just a thought...........

Here are some pics that I found over on ClemsonFreeride.com:

http://jimmybr.dotphoto.com/CPViewAlbum.asp?AID=4451367

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
another thanks to everyone that came out, I didnt even get to race because of the ankle but I still had a great time and i think everyone else did too:monkeydance:

we will have to do this again :clapping:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Guys great job!!!! You should really think about putting on one more race this year. I am shutting for June 3rd or 10th here in Greenville for one so any other dates are good in June.

Great times was had!!!!! If you have another race I am sure more will come after hearing about all the fun everyone had.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Once again thanks to everyone coming out, Im currently working on getting all the photos out and trying to stay on top of school.

Im not against a race in June, if i can pull together the man power. Can't hurt to ask at this point.

Cecil contact me as soon as your race date is concrete.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Once again thanks to everyone coming out, Im currently working on getting all the photos out and trying to stay on top of school.

Im not against a race in June, if i can pull together the man power. Can't hurt to ask at this point.

Cecil contact me as soon as your race date is concrete.
Hey John,
You guys were patient and positive minded. That was the event.

Oh..and the fact that you all busted major arse on all those berms. For the next race, you'll have to lay logs on the inside of the turns in that one section though...not that us straightliners won't be bunny hopping them...

Fun time. Now..if you could just water the dirt road down real good before the next one...heh.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
So did Jeremy take home the gold today?
he he, no way.
I placed well among the human beings that were there, but they did not have a separate alien class. They were at least two aliens and maybe a hybrid or two in attendance.:shocked:
The race was a blast, and I would love to do another one.
I will just need to get a restraining order that any broham driving a Reb Bull vehicle must stay 100 yards away from my truck.:disgust1:

Thanks for the putting on the race.
You guys did a great job, and we need more of those around here!:thumb:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Hey John,
You guys were patient and positive minded. That was the event.

Oh..and the fact that you all busted major arse on all those berms. For the next race, you'll have to lay logs on the inside of the turns in that one section though...not that us straightliners won't be bunny hopping them...

Fun time. Now..if you could just water the dirt road down real good before the next one...heh.
Which section are you referring to?

Funny thing about that dirt road is, it was just reworked this march. The dust i know is killer, but my greatest fear of the shuttle kicking up gravel into other peoples cars seemed to be avoided. If it were any hotter we probably would have been cooking people in the back of that truck. I cant imagine what that would be like in june.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
If it were any hotter we probably would have been cooking people in the back of that truck. I cant imagine what that would be like in june.
Did you guys rent that box truck for the shuttle? perhaps a full size pick-up truck or 2 might work better? just an idea. my schedule is open in june too, was thinking about running up to Plattekill for a race, but would love to race the Clemson course again!!! keep us posted.........

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Which section are you referring to?

Funny thing about that dirt road is, it was just reworked this march. The dust i know is killer, but my greatest fear of the shuttle kicking up gravel into other peoples cars seemed to be avoided. If it were any hotter we probably would have been cooking people in the back of that truck. I cant imagine what that would be like in june.
was refering to the main gravel road and just kidding about that.:imstupid:

he he, no way.
I placed well among the human beings that were there, but they did not have a separate alien class. They were at least two aliens and maybe a hybrid or two in attendance.:shocked:
The race was a blast, and I would love to do another one.
I will just need to get a restraining order that any broham driving a Reb Bull vehicle must stay 100 yards away from my truck.:disgust1:

Thanks for the putting on the race.
You guys did a great job, and we need more of those around here!:thumb:
How bout a restraining order against clearly marked no parking zones? And maybe you should listen to the race organizers when they ask you politely to move your car. When they know that a "broham driving a redbull vehicle" will be coming through that exact area.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
How bout a restraining order against clearly marked no parking zones? And maybe you should listen to the race organizers when they ask you politely to move your car. When they know that a "broham driving a redbull vehicle" will be coming through that exact area.
Urine dot one,
I pulled up with a Morewood rider and parked next to the Morewood booth so he could get two frames from them that he had to put in my truck. I went to register while he did this, and nobody asked me to move. Somebody did say something to Doug who is the Morewood rider, so I was gonna move it as soon as he got his stuff.
But its all good, you can take up for a guy who hit a parked car if you want to. We talked it over and it was an accident. No big deal.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
brooks, did you brother ever make it to the bottom of the hill? I have all the pics from the finish line (which im eventually going to post) and the riders skip from 83 to 85. I think i may have some of him tooling around at the bottom, as there are a ton of those kind of pics.

im still trying to figure out how zac ended up like this, weve got another rider down. spraigned wrist and dislodged pinky.

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
brooks, did you brother ever make it to the bottom of the hill? I have all the pics from the finish line (which im eventually going to post) and the riders skip from 83 to 85. I think i may have some of him tooling around at the bottom, as there are a ton of those kind of pics.

im still trying to figure out how zac ended up like this, weve got another rider down. spraigned wrist and dislodged pinky.

he made about 6 shuttle runs but on his last run he crashed on the step down pretty good and didnt race in the actual timed runs.

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Its a sprained wrist for the left and a boxer fracture for the right...get my injuries right.

damn 7 inch fork....atleast I made it to the end till I ate it.

Clemson Freeride...we break bones!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
I apologize for the sarcastic remark, but I do not take kindly to anyone that disregards and responds rudely to the requests of the race organizers, especially the ones that have been working on that trail since september.
Then you are talking to the wrong guy.
NOBODY spoke to ME about moving my truck, so I did not diregard or respond rudely to anyone. I know most of those guys, and they know I would have moved my truck. Find the guy who asked me. I was building dh courses and promoting races around here before your pubes grew in, so go do a keg stand or something to relax, because there is no problem here.