Quantcast

Cleveland rocks (although not technically a BIKE ride report)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As mentioned in another thread, me, MtnBikerChk, and a friend of ours took a quick trip to Cleveland to hit Cedar Point and see MLB games in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. The drive would have been about 12 hours, but we're lazy so we flew. We got into Cleveland around noon Wednesday and headed to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. That was fun, although I really expected to see more. That night, after dinner at Flannery's irish pub, we went to The Jake. I only took a few pictures from that game...

We waited out a 40 minute rain delay.

Cleveland...sort of the outside of the city.

Me and MBC

View from our seats.

MBC (on right) and our friend Kathy. Kathy's not much of a baseball fan, but she humored us (we owe her a hockey trip now). BTW guys, she's single and looking.

Cool scoreboard. It blows away the Fenway scoreboard.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We headed to Cedar Point amusement park on Thursday. We went there Friday as well. They've got more roller coasters than any park in the country. 17 at last count.

It was chilly Thursday! Friday cleared up and got warmer, thankfully.

Wife and our abolutely KICK ASS rental car (Dodge Caliber). OK, it was a piece of crap.

A new coaster going up named Maverick. I wanted to wait in line to ride this, but the wait is about three months right now.

Millenium Force! This coaster was awesome. The first hill is a 45 degree angle up. It feels like you are oulled straight up.

I'm the ugly one.

Snoopy!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
They had a petting farm too!

Another picture of Millenium Force through the trees.

The Raptor coaster. This is the only one there we didn't ride. We just didn't feel like waiting two hours in line.

Top Thrill Dragster! It launches you 0 to 120 MPH in four seconds. We waited an hour in line and the ride lasts 13 seconds. What a rush! I would have waited again, but we had to head to Pittsburgh.

Me and my pretty.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Friday afternoon, we drove 3.5 hours to PNC Park in Pittsburgh. The awesome hotel room and cozy bed alone were worth the drive. That inn in Sandusky blew. We just got to PNC just as the game started. $10 to park right outside the park. That costs you $35 in Boston.

The views from our seats were beautiful.

Buffalo chicken sammich and a 22 oz Yeungling.

View of the game from our seats.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last pic...a panaromic I stitched together.

We got home Saturday afternoon, then made the two hour trek to Fenway Sunday morning. Three stadiums in five days we saw the home team win all three. HOORAY!

:exhausted:

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
Sounds like you had fun at cedar point. That place kicks ass. Ive been on all of the coasters thus far, raptor is great. Next time you go up ride that one, its my second favorite after Millenium Force! Cedar point is one of my all time favorite places to be for a weekend, did you stay on-point? or somewhere else?

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
Last pic...a panaromic I stitched together.

We got home Saturday afternoon, then made the two hour trek to Fenway Sunday morning. Three stadiums in five days we saw the home team win all three. HOORAY!

:exhausted:
Nice photo. Looks like the ideal evening for a ball game.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
should have brought the bike, i live about 2 blocks down from PNC park on the river...walk up to games all the time.
Brunge wanted to hook up, but we had no time whatsoever. We got into Pittsburgh right as the game started (we actually missed the first half inning), then headed out first thing in the morning.

Sounds like you had fun at cedar point. That place kicks ass. Ive been on all of the coasters thus far, raptor is great. Next time you go up ride that one, its my second favorite after Millenium Force! Cedar point is one of my all time favorite places to be for a weekend, did you stay on-point? or somewhere else?
I couldn't understand why the Raptor wait was so long. Longer than Millenium Force and Dragster. We stayed off site at a crappy inn in Sandusky.

I couldn't understand why the Raptor wait was so long. Longer than Millenium Force and Dragster. We stayed off site at a crappy inn in Sandusky.
Raptor is the same as Batman at Six Flags NJ so I don't feel bad about missing it.

The CP hotels either 1. didn't do 1 night rooms or 2. some weren't open for the season yet. I tried! The hotel we stayed at was cheap and clean.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice report.

The Pirates need to lose those godawful red vest jerseys though. Blech!

So you owe Kathy a hockey trip eh?

Here's an Itinerary for you to ponder over.
Stop 1 - Buffalo for a Sabres Game
Short visit in Niagara Falls for all the touristy stuff
Stop 2 - Toronto for a Leaf's game
Stop 3 - Ottawa for a Sen's game
Stop 4 - Haul ass over to Detroit for a Red Wings Game (a must for IAB before he dies right?)
Stop 5 - quick jaunt over to St. Louis for a Blues game
Stop 6 - Cruise on over to Columbus for a Blue Jackets Game
Stop 7 - Fly into Boston for a Bruins Game (or alternatively to NYC for a RAngers game)
Stop 8 return home to Simsbury to rest.
:biggrin:

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Cool - I went to a Pittsburgh game a couple years ago and was impressed with the stadium facilities too (and the cheap parking right next to the stadium). The river behind the stadium usually has a bunch of kayakers drinking beer and waiting for homerun balls.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
There were a couple of Red Sox fans outside the Cleveland game chanting "Yankees suck." THEY WERE WATCHING THE INDIANS AND THE TWINS. I kind of found that both rediculous and funny.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
It's so funny seeing people without their helmets on. You could mug me and I'd have no idea who did it. Put the helmet on, and I'd be like, "It was Babs!"

edit: looks like a fun trip though. What did you think of the Rock Hall? I was kind of dissapointed. I didn't want to see Britney Spears' tube top.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's so funny seeing people without their helmets on. You could mug me and I'd have no idea who did it. Put the helmet on, and I'd be like, "It was Babs!"

edit: looks like a fun trip though. What did you think of the Rock Hall? I was kind of dissapointed. I didn't want to see Britney Spears' tube top.
We expected a little more at the Hall of Fame. The place reminds me of a Hard Rock Cafe on steroids. I was expecting to see a room that shows everyone that was inducted with bios and stuff, but they didn't have that. All of the stuff on display was cool, I just expected a lot more of it.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!

Yeah, i would much rather ride Millenium Force than raptor. I'm going up June 14-16 for "Coastermania" its 19 hours in the park, with early ride entry and everything! and its only $32! Yeah, Its nice staying on point, but damn is it expencive, i think im paying $400 for 2 nights!