Quantcast

Clone Wars

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Lucas is dead to me. :plthumbsdown:
Agreed. After being horrified at how bad the first one was, I never saw the second and third. I recently saw them on TV and was similarly horrified. Absolute crap. Undeveloped/plastic characters, badly written story, some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard, and CGI bullsht.

It almost cheapened the value of the original three for me. Now I can't look at Darth Vader without seeing whiny, young Aniken. Horrible.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Lucas is dead to me. :plthumbsdown:
Word. GL is just printing himself some more money. The magic of the OT was lost in the prequel trilogy. Lazy film making at it's best/worst. Lucas knows that he can just stamp "STAR WARS" on a big turd and people will eat it up.

Amazingly, "The Clone Wars" animated series that was on Cartoon Network is better than the whole prequel trilogy.

I'll pass, but probably check out the series once it hits TV. You do realize that this "movie" is just the pilot episode for the Clone Wars TV series?

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Just saw III and it wasn't too horrible (yoda fighting, yeah), I think we may be biased because we aren't kids anymore.
No bias and that's no excuse. I am still just as much of a child at 35 when it comes to movies involving scifi or fantasy. I was always able to smell crap from a mile away.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Hey where'd you get that!

On a brighter note, there is a new Star Trek movie coming out next year. Woohoo!

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
All I'm saying is some movies I saw as a kid and thought were cool are retarded when viewing now. I think maybe the last three SW movies were made for the next generation of kids, not for adults who saw the original movies.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
I think we may be biased because we aren't kids anymore.
I have to agree. It's not that I don't like the genre anymore, it's just that I'm a more sophisticated movie goer now. The original 3 had just as much bad acting and when you watch them 20 plus times each during which you learn more about the story that's not in the movie, it comes together. I hear people saying all the time that empire is the best one. I think it's my least favorite.

So is the clone new animated series going to have a new story line or will it be exactly like the 2003 animated clone wars?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I saw the trailer on Comcast On Demand. It looks like suck. Looks like episodes 1-3 only animated. Is there really that much a difference between animation and all the CGI stuff?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There is no difference between I-III and IV-VI.

No matter how much you delude yourself into thinking there is...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I just went to see the Dark Knight and went ahead and saw Clone Wars as well...it was decent but it strays from the original settings quite a bit...D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I actually saw The Clone Wars. I was in Metreon and my buddy who I usually geek out with suggested it.

I had the absolute lowest expectations and it exceeded them barely. What I was surprised was the girl padawan wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So your saying you had low expectations and they were almost met? Or is that a "it didn't suck quite as bad as I expected"?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I actually saw The Clone Wars. I was in Metreon and my buddy who I usually geek out with suggested it.

I had the absolute lowest expectations and it exceeded them barely. What I was surprised was the girl padawan wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be.
Is that what they're calling it in San Fran now? :busted:
There are also lots of sci-fi fans in the Bay Area due to the computer industry and the openmindedness of it residents.

So your saying you had low expectations and they were almost met? Or is that a "it didn't suck quite as bad as I expected"?
Put it this way: I spent 10 dollars for a ticket and I felt I got my money's worth, barely.