Quantcast

Clothing!

Chelseapiggy

Chimp
Jul 31, 2006
Winston-Salem NC
Hey guys I just joined the foreum today! Im really excited to talk to all of you and get LOTS of questions answered!

I am new to biking.. I bought my bike right before last winter.. lol The weather was alot cooler and I could get by with a pair of light shorts and a T-shirt.. Now the weather is 99 degrees and the cotton is just not working! Im sweating butt off!I am over heating!!! I am looking for some biking clothing for women.. I am large chested and really dont like the tight stuff.. Any ideas????:oink:

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
I just posted a reply to your question under Fitness/Nutrition. Have you checked out Paceline or Paul Schwins? Instead of wearing women specific jersey maybe you could try a mens. I have a couple of mens jerseys and they do have a looser fit. You know, I'm only 45 mins from you. How cool is that.

WELLLLLLLLCOMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

biking clothing...look at fox and their downhill jerseys/shirts. Alot of them are a light cotton material and some (the one I have) is a light light mess on the sides with provides venilation very well.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Welcome!!!

As I said before in the other post look at Target and their "exercise" clothing. I never bought into the whole cycling jerseys thing, they just seem to be way more expensive for a zipper and pocket. I'm in VA (just as hot and humid) and I wear wicking tank tops (no cotton) with a regular sports bras underneath. A girlfriend I ride with is also large chested and she's tried the built in bra thing and hates riding in them because of how tight they are. She also buys large tank tops.

As for shorts try and pick up some baggie riding shorts when they are on sale. I have a couple of pairs that I ride in occasionally but mostly I ride with lycra shorts for XC.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey....welcome.

Jersey's are your best bet and you can find them cheaply if you know where to look. They're nice because they can unzip part way and are good for wicking away sweat. Try Jenson, Performance or Nashbar. They all offer cheaper housebrand jerseys. I'm a C-cup and have broad shoulders, so I don't mess around with women specific jerseys much (and if I do, I make sure they're cut for mountain biking, which is much looser than road styles).

If you're willing to be patient and check back often, Ebay is filled with jerseys and some of them are dirt cheap. I've picked up a lot of jerseys that way and have been very happy with them.

good luck and keep posting!

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
Chelseapiggy said:
oh cool! Were abouts do you ride..We mostly ride salem lake and tanglewood... My bf and I are looking for new places/cool people to bike with!!
We ride in Wilkesboro. We have three trail systems to choose from (Dark Mtn, OVT and Fish Dam Creek). You can get at least 20 miles if you ride all three in one day. My husband and I will be in town this weekend if you are interested in coming up this way. We would love to show you around. We also have a short DH course to ride as well consisting of a small rock garden, some berms, a drop and a few jumps. Cool stuff. Just shoot me a PM if you are interested and I will get you directions.

Chelseapiggy

Chimp
Jul 31, 2006
Winston-Salem NC
That sounds really cool DHCHIX! We would love to go for a ride!!

I did find some biking wear at Target.. I bought a wicking mens shirt and some biking shorts with the same wicking material... I was looking at sportbra and i really didnt find anything that fit right... I did go to koals yesterday and found a tanktop with a built in bra.. It wasnt the shelf bra..It was a acutual bra inside the tanktop with the adjustable back snaps and underwire... coolest thing ive ever seen.. the sizes went by your cup size instead of s,m,l,xl.