Quantcast

Coffee Grinders

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
The "Roasting Coffee" thread got me thinking, what kind of grinders are you people using? I'm in the market for a new one and wouldn't mind some suggestions. Anything particular to stay away from? Looking for something reasonably priced, although I'm willing to pay for something good.
Thanks!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
If you want any sort of consistency you'll need a burr grinder. Blade grinders will turn the beans into smaller pieces, but that's about it. You won't get much in the way of consistency, and they have a tendency to heat up the beans which will make the beans weaker tasting.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
It will be used just for a drip and press pot coffee maker. I'm definately looking at a burr grinder over a blade, hence the picture I posted.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Heh, I'm retarded. For some reason I didn't realize that you had made the second post as well, and thought that it was a suggestion from somebody else.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The Capresso Infinity is worth looking at.

If you want to go slightly cheaper the Bodum Antigua isn't bad (it's a step up from the blade grinders, for sure.)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
fonseca said:
Good Lord! That puts mine to shame.

Alright, you need to invite me over for a cup of coffee sometime... :D

Good beer, home-roasted coffee...you may enjoy quality beverages even more than I do.
If you're ever at Disneyland, drop me a pm :D

My wife is worried I'm going to start homebrewing...