Quantcast

Coffee Making Etiquette

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I finally did it, I caught someone at work who didn't make coffee after getting some.

I wasn't surprised who it was - it was the indifferent sub-contractor.

I am actually friends with the guy, so I had to bust his balls a little.

After I said it was common courtesy, he used the argument that there is no stated rule about making coffee.

I know he likes to shock people with his "self-aggrandizing indifference", but I know he hasn't tried his logic against an anarchist.

I told him if there is no rule about making coffee, there is also no rule about me taking the pot away and dumping it every time I get mine.

I did warn him I will ask him every time he gets coffee did he make coffee, since there is also no rule about being rude either.

And I pointed him to the closest Starbucks.

Last edited:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
What people in my office do is leave 1 cup left in there with the heat element on. Then it burns into the glass and all coffee tastes like crap. I have a french press at my desk so I can make coffee that has some flavor.

And those Terry Tate videos are awesome. I never get tired of them.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I saw some sales critter do that and I told him he was a cock. He told me he didn't know how, so I told him he was now a stupid cock. (He avoids me now) It's always the sales people, not cleaning up after themselves, talking on the phone in the bathroom, puking in the parking lot, etc. Classy folks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What people in my office do is leave 1 cup left in there with the heat element on. Then it burns into the glass and all coffee tastes like crap. I have a french press at my desk so I can make coffee that has some flavor.

And those Terry Tate videos are awesome. I never get tired of them.
Best $30 one could EVER spend on their office equipment. I'd be most people could even get their admin to simply order one for them...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You are aware that no self-respecting, misanthropic anarchist would even think about working in an office. Right ?

:think:
Frankly, you make a good point. I've worked for four Fortune 500 companies, and I did nothing more radical then annoy my co-workers.

But I have been to several protest rallies around the Bay Area, and my sense of troublemaking puts me right up with every card-carrying communist.

And when I'm on a bike, there isn't more of a terrorist.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
since he is the last cup chump you need to prep the pot for when he strikes and add in a few drops of visine.

then revel in your victory laugh
Sounds like the perfect joke:

snopes.com said:
In June 2006, five Wisconsin high school students trying to pull the Visine prank poured about a quarter of a bottle of the eyedrops into a classmate's water. The victim spent several days in the hospital recovering from reactions to the poisoning that included a dangerously low heart rate and blood pressure. Each of the five "pranksters" pleaded no contest to misdemeanor counts of battery and disorderly conduct and received sentences of 18 months' probation and 60 hours of community service.

Also in June 2006, Kristine Anzalone served her roommate, Joseph Gentissi Jr., an iced tea spiked with Visine. Gentissi experienced vomiting and bleeding from his rectum, and Anzalone eventually agreed to a plea bargain with prosecutors under which she was ordered to pay $10,000 in hospital bills, serve three years' probation, and obey an order of protection.

In January 2009, 40-year-old Tonia L. Peterson of Fair Grove, Missouri, was charged with first-degree assault for dumping half a bottle of eye drops into her husband's tea in an attempt to kill her spouse. When investigators contacted the husband he reported experiencing stomach problems for the past two months, and poison control personnel informed a detective that ingesting too much Visine "would put a person in a coma with several other serious symptoms."

In June 2009, Denise Moyer of Wells, Vermont, was arrested for third degree assault after police confirmed she'd spiked a co-worker’s drink with Visine a few days before the woman became ill and died. The assault took place on 31 October 2008 at a Halloween party, and on 2 November 2008, 49-year-old Marceline Jones of Comstock died of what were then presumed to be natural causes.
I think catching him is good enough.