Quantcast

Coffee talk

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Feel free to talk about it here. I don't drink the stuff but my cooworkers are addicts and always have a pot brewing. I see cans of Bustelo (crap?), bags of Starbucks and Mini-Moo's all over the place.

Actually, I just needed a place to post this cool pic

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have a Keurig machine. Coffee in 9.2 seconds. It's great. I need two of those K-cups to fill my morning jug. I figure it costs me about 50 cents a day.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
French press. Only organic fair trade beans. Only fresh roasted beans (any more than 7 days is not fresh). Only Fresh ground beans as well.
We used to roast our own beans. Cut the price in half but was a big time investment.
I take my coffee seriously.

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
is there any good OTC O FT coffee? I'm thinking about having a cup in the mornings.

Over The Counter Organic Fair Trade

my wife was doing research for her dissertation on FT and developing economies. Short story long: she interviewed dozens of companies and we got a ton of free coffee and coco from around the world (ok Africa and S. America). But now we are all out

so whats good?

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
can we talk about the ossimness of the photo posted by the OP and how it inspires us to like coffee so i don't have to click the button and move my browser to the other forum where there are possibly strange new people that will like me less than the crew here already does?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Regular drip with frenchly roasted dark italian from a local roaster who uses fair trade beans. I grind a 1/2 pound at a time - marginally superior flavor notwithstanding, before I've had my coffee I can't handle the sound of a coffee grinder, nor do I wish to deal with a press.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I waste $2 a day on Starbucks. It's close, it's just a fun habit.

Super cool pic BTW... What are the odds of that happening?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Regular drip with frenchly roasted dark italian from a local roaster who uses fair trade beans. I grind a 1/2 pound at a time - marginally superior flavor notwithstanding, before I've had my coffee I can't handle the sound of a coffee grinder, nor do I wish to deal with a press.
pvssy! :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
can we talk about the ossimness of the photo posted by the OP and how it inspires us to like coffee so i don't have to click the button and move my browser to the other forum where there are possibly strange new people that will like me less than the crew here already does?

Woah. Pass it here brotha'.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I had to look it up.

Fair Trade is a trading partnership, based on dialogue, transparency and respect, that seeks greater equity in international trade. It contributes to sustainable development by offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of, marginalized producers and workers – especially in the South. Fair Trade Organizations, backed by consumers, are engaged actively in supporting producers, awareness raising and in campaigning for changes in the rules and practice of conventional international trade. Fair Trade products are produced and traded in accordance with these principles — wherever possible verified by credible, independent assurance systems.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
French press. Only organic fair trade beans. Only fresh roasted beans (any more than 7 days is not fresh). Only Fresh ground beans as well.
We used to roast our own beans. Cut the price in half but was a big time investment.
I take my coffee seriously.
French Press for the motherfvcking win!! I got my girlfriend hooked on them too, now we have 3.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I have a Keurig machine. Coffee in 9.2 seconds. It's great. I need two of those K-cups to fill my morning jug. I figure it costs me about 50 cents a day.
Wife bought me one of those and subscribes to the coffee club thing. I get three new boxes every month. They have teas and cocoa K cups too. Love that thing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
is there any good OTC O FT coffee? I'm thinking about having a cup in the mornings.

Over The Counter Organic Fair Trade

my wife was doing research for her dissertation on FT and developing economies. Short story long: she interviewed dozens of companies and we got a ton of free coffee and coco from around the world (ok Africa and S. America). But now we are all out

so whats good?
Equal Exchange

http://www.equalexchange.coop/

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
We have some service at the new job with this big rack of individual packs of ground coffee that you toss into this machine, I saw Milky Way flavor and kept walking. I'm 50 yards from 2 Starpricks, but have been going to this mom and pop shop on "campus". Cool owner and OK coffee for a buck less.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I drink Kona Coffee I buy at Aldi's supermarkets. I like it and it's only $4/lb so I'm pretty happy with it and it lasts me about a month. Honestly coffee is coffee I don't care about taste.

The guy in my office buys 25lbs of coffee at a time. I don't see the point.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
In honor of this thread, I walked over to the coffee machine and poured myself a cup of Starbucks. This will be my first cup in 2 years. Post your coffee!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I thought we were talking about REAL coffee?

Damn you SS for posting that crema.:disgust1:
My Saeco Espresso machine died a couple years back.
And my broke ass still has not got another one.
I only miss the straight stuff.:clapping:

As far as Coffee, about my favorite subject, well, I love it.
And I am the first person to give snobs $hit, especially beer snobs.
White trash beverage + snobbery = pure humor.
That said, I use to consider myself a coffee snob.
I only really like coffee from a french press, freshly ground, and with a dark greasy roast.
And as much as I drink that can get expensive.
Then, I found the awesome at the most surprising place.
Sam's Club sells a 40 oz bag of whole bean, dark french roast, greasy good coffee for $13. They are fair trade beans and I swear its good coffee.
And the saddest part is, I drink so much coffee that I can take out the 40oz bag while it is still fresh. :hmm:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
2 packs of generic pink non-sugar anti-bittering agent and some dark stuff, presumeable coffe, more likely squeezings from the janitors rag, found in the coffee pot by my cubicle.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
anyone try this damn-fine coffee substitue?

i did for a few weeks, and it was stunning. no need for coffee... or monster, or food, or sleep. i turned into Beavis in Cornholio mode for a few weeks. the bottle is empty now, and i need more drugs.