Quantcast

Collegiate MTB National Champs - Beech Mountain - next weekend

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Just a heads up, the Collegiate MTB National Championships is next weekend, October 25-27 at Beech Mountain. The Downhill race is Saturday at 4pm. It is on the Pro Track top to bottom just like the last race of the series this year. Should be great for spectating... :thumb:

suddawg

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
FLA
Just a heads up, the Collegiate MTB National Championships is next weekend, October 25-27 at Beech Mountain. The Downhill race is Saturday at 4pm. It is on the Pro Track top to bottom just like the last race of the series this year. Should be great for spectating... :thumb:
if you had an open class it would be packed.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
haha, yeah lifts are open to competitors only. There is no room to fit in a public race, sorry guys. Handling 5 races over 3 days is going to be hard enough..

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Oh hellz yeah, forecast is calling for possible snow flurries Thursday. Could be the makings of an epic championship finale. It's not Redbull quality coverage, but hopefully the base cam will be up and running by this weekend :thumb:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Sounds like it was biblically awesome, and of course Cracker Barrel patron sized props to Dawson for the win and to Ennis for the podium in DII. Also big ups to Moto and Beech for pulling off another great event. Can't wait until next Summer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The 2001 Plattekill race was piss cold. 4" of snow overnight with morning practice temps in the teens. It was so cold that seals on brakes were cracking. Es no bueno.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The 2001 Plattekill race was piss cold. 4" of snow overnight with morning practice temps in the teens. It was so cold that seals on brakes were cracking. Es no bueno.
that describes pretty much every race i've ever done at platty in late october.

i remember one year it was 5" of snow over 2-3" of mud, with the layers being separated by wet leaves.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
that describes pretty much every race i've ever done at platty in late october.

i remember one year it was 5" of snow over 2-3" of mud, with the layers being separated by wet leaves.
Yeah, that's it. F*in insane when you are rocking Motoraptors. One of my fastest race runs ever, because I couldn't slow down. Harrowing experience.

Edit: I just need to note that I got negative repped for sharing another collegiate nationals in the snow story. Wtf.

Last edited: