Quantcast

colo. springs freeride park

dwj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
colorado
the planning for the park is coming along, but the actual building won't start until the spring. i believe the next meeting is on the jan 12th. check the medicinewheel web site to get the time and location, something should be posted next week.

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
is any one building little stuff unofficialy up there yet??? MY friends dad said he saw some small little doubles and little drops. but it looks like colorado springs biggest freeride park will reamin my dirtjumps and my backyard.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
sk8kid33 said:
I know theres better but part of what makes it the best is that its in my backyard
Thats half the point in what he was saying.... Mmmmm couple acres of land up in Evergreen privately owned with just about anything you can build up there. :drool: Ain't that right todd? :p When is that place gonna thaw out?

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
COmtbiker12 said:
Thats half the point in what he was saying.... Mmmmm couple acres of land up in Evergreen privately owned with just about anything you can build up there. :drool: Ain't that right todd? :p When is that place gonna thaw out?

still I can't drive yet so a freeride park I can't ride orwalk to is useless to me therefore my backyard is better than his place for me. Also whats up there??? just open land or is anything built yet???

dwj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
colorado
there isn't any thing being built yet in the area designated for the freeride park, not until spring. the jumps and drops your friends dad saw are some pirate trails being built up the canyon. the drop lines are pretty fun but the jumps are'nt that great.

a warning to any one building illeagal trails read this http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104556

i'm all for building challenging trails, but people are building all this stuff with out putting an once of thought into it. you got to think about the impact to the land and other users, or all mtbers are going to be thrown out on thier ear.

before you build, learn a little something about drainage and building sustainable stunts. and for gods sake tuck that sh!t away in the woods where only you and the squirrels can find it, then tell me where it's at so i can go ride it. :thumb:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
dwj said:
for gods sake tuck that sh!t away in the woods where only you and the squirrels can find it, then tell me where it's at so i can go ride it. :thumb:
Doug I think that's only actually possible to get done out in Cali somewhere unless its privately owned land here.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
as dwj said dont build illegal trails its BAD

my land is a playground right now and will always be that way. Nothing super crazy just alot of fun drops tech sections and stuff

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
so thats where those stunts are in your videos. any big drops I saw a couple small ones in the video.

and its kinda funny jacob did this drop on his yeti asr cross country bike with the seat high as hell.

dwj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
colorado
COmtbiker12 said:
Doug I think that's only actually possible to get done out in Cali somewhere unless its privately owned land here.
there is stuff out there that only few people know about, i'd take you there but there is no shuttle available ;) it requires some bushwacking, a pass word and the secret hand shake. you might already know the secret handshake. and next month you will be recieving you decoder ring to figure out the pass word.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
dwj said:
there is stuff out there that only few people know about, i'd take you there but there is no shuttle available ;) it requires some bushwacking, a pass word and the secret hand shake. you might already know the secret handshake. and next month you will be recieving you decoder ring to figure out the pass word.
I won't be needing a shuttle for much longer. I'm building up an 03 AC right now. :D Currently its just trying to decide whether I should spend my large wads of money :-)p $300) on parts from friends to finish building up the AC or buy a new fork for my V10 as the Shiver went with part of the deal for the AC. We should go riding soon and you can show me some of these cool places. :)

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
dwj said:
i dont know the secret handshake or the password but could ya show me around?

On a real note where and what is the Medwheel meeting on the 12th? im working on getting my butt down there

Thanks

dwj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
colorado
i believe it's going to be at the Barnett Bicycle Institute on the west side of the springs, at 6pm on the 12th. buti'm not 100% sure on that, i'll have josh post something on the medicinewheel web site on monday.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
dwj said:
i believe it's going to be at the Barnett Bicycle Institute on the west side of the springs, at 6pm on the 12th. buti'm not 100% sure on that, i'll have josh post something on the medicinewheel web site on monday.
How would I get there from I25?

dwj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
colorado
COmtbiker12 said:
How would I get there from I25?
the meeting is going to be on Jan. 12th 6pm at the BBI. it's at 2755 Ore Mill RD. which is between 26th and 31st just south of hwy24. heading south on 26th from hwy24 take the first right. go in behind the resturant and in front of the hotel that is ore mill.

from 31st and hyw24 go south on 31st and ore mill is the first left.

darb04

Chimp
Dec 14, 2004
colorado springs
all i want to know is if there are any good freeride spots out there that people are willing to tell about or if you dont want to share with everybody than pm me. i am just looking for some good freeride spots. also you should check out krazykow.com and let us know what you think in the forum.