Quantcast

Colorado Locals - Who Are you - Where / What Do you ride

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
I am new to the Colorado Locals Forum .. and was hoping to steal BigMike's Thread - "The New and Improved Who are you, where do you live, and what do you ride thread."

So who are you? What do you ride? How old are you? and a Picture - if you have it.

I am Chelsea. I just moved back to boulder after a year and a half in Northern VA.
Ride: santa cruz juliana.
Rides: walker, apex, hall ranch, heil. DH - minus the drops (im a lil skurd of the drops)

Attachments

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
a/s/l

hiya baby, you come here often?

Sorry, it's late and I've been fighting with my PC cuz the worst spyware ever got onto my system. Even Ad-aware and Spybot couldn't touch it. I had to dig into the core... uhh, you're eyes are glazing over.

Welcome home. I'm mostly a roadie, so feel free to ignore me.

Bikes: Giant Iguana, Fuji Finest (frankensteined), bmw k75
Rides: Lair o'Bear, Hall, I love riding by Heil Ranch climbing Left Hand up to Ward. Oh, right, road riding... shutting up now.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
haha // here here :) Lets try to keep this clean of misc commentary.

like this
fuzzynutz said:
U support the rapists of CU???
(I understand you feel the need to bash the mighty buffalo - but not the point of this thread:))

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
HA - I have a few roadie friends .. they are trying to convince me to go to the dark side - One day (although I fight it - I must admit the 42 mile ride through New York would have probably been even more fun on a road bike)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
mcgowanc said:
HA - I have a few roadie friends .. they are trying to convince me to go to the dark side - One day (although I fight it - I must admit the 42 mile ride through New York would have probably been even more fun on a road bike)
I'm just curious - what do they use as "good reasons" to road bike? ;)

-S.S.-

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
SkaredShtles said:
I'm just curious - what do they use as "good reasons" to road bike? ;)

-S.S.-
- You can ride for miles and miles.
- You walk out your front door and go for a ride.
- You don't have to worry bout erosion / so during those rainy weeks you can still get a ride in
- And that all the cool kids are doing it :)

- If i think of any others - I will edit the post.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
My name? I don't recall; since I escaped the clinic, my awareness has been hazy. Probably a result of the lack of medication. I didn't like being there, I didn't belong there, those people are truly crazy!
My age? I'm older than all of you, but I'm as sharp as a tack! Ask me anything!
I usually ride whatever bike I find; sometimes a mountain bike, sometimes a roadbike; whatever I find in the bike rack that's not locked. I don't keep them long, just long enough to ride away from the black helicopters that keep following me.
Yes, maybe we can meet for a ride sometime. I'd like that. Would you like that?

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Renegade said:
My name? I don't recall; since I escaped the clinic, my awareness has been hazy. Probably a result of the lack of medication. I didn't like being there, I didn't belong there, those people are truly crazy!
My age? I'm older than all of you, but I'm as sharp as a tack! Ask me anything!
I usually ride whatever bike I find; sometimes a mountain bike, sometimes a roadbike; whatever I find in the bike rack that's not locked. I don't keep them long, just long enough to ride away from the black helicopters that keep following me.
Yes, maybe we can meet for a ride sometime. I'd like that. Would you like that?
- I hear the riding up ned is good stuff. Seeing as you make yourself out to be an outstanding citizen - I don’t see why I wouldn’t want to meet up .. preferably in a very remote area - I'll make sure to not inform anyone where I have gone.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I have been known to take a few pix here and there. :)

I ride a Look KX lite and an Endless Lifetime. Next year I will build up another DH bike but I had to take the year off for knee injuries.

Welcome back to colorado! You should head out to Snowmass for the national.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
mcgowanc said:
- I hear the riding up ned is good stuff. Seeing as you make yourself out to be an outstanding citizen - I don’t see why I wouldn’t want to meet up .. preferably in a very remote area - I'll make sure to not inform anyone where I have gone.
I actually have spent a little time today thinking about how I would join in this thread. I simply couldn't resist having a little fun with you. I'm even more fun in person, all insanity aside.
I do know some remote riding spots in Ned!

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
first off
it wasn't a comment, it was a question.
and second
I'm a bicycle rider, I ride Horsetooth State Park, Lory State Park, all the Gultch trails along the Poudre, Keystone, and that's it so far. Always looking for a new place to ride...
I can't believe everyone was so upset about my Question. I was just asking b/c in her pic she has that jersey and I was just wondering why a woman would support a place like that. I'm sorry jesh.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
ur avatar is funny

did u make that webpage just for this thread? If you did, props to u for taking the time,otherwise well uh its a nice page.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
mcgowanc said:
HA .. just keep in mind it is okay to love bikes .. but can be very dangerious to ... okay I will stop right there
Yes, it can be very dangerous to "LOVE" your bike... in fact, loving your bike in public is a punishable offense in some states.

fuzzynutz said:
...did u make that webpage just for this thread?
Um, no.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Hi My Name is Billy and I'm an Addict.

It's not the most expensive bike out there or the best for that matter, but it gets the Job done.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
bpatterson6 said:
It's not the most expensive bike out there or the best for that matter, but it gets the Job done.
Hrrmmm... looks pretty 'factory' with all those stickers ya got there! But not as 'factory' as the pure goodness that is the custom kit on mah roommates' sho-fizzle:

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
They call me Howse, Mike Howse and I'm 20 and currently I ride a Silver Orange 223 with Sherman Slider plus for the DH and a Dark Blue (almost black) Orange Missile with Fox Fork for Dirt Jumping/ street

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
hey mike. nice location thing. i like it.
i'm henry, and i'm fifteen. i ride a haro escape 8.2 hardtail that i traded for at the fix. it's ugly orange. i ride a lot of urban at CU, and a lot of DJ at maveric and out at gunbarrel. i like mtn. cross

GravityPilot

Chimp
Jan 13, 2004
Frisco, CO
I'm Drew, I'm 22 I live in Colorado Springs, I ride a P1 with a Psylo slapped on the front. I ride a lot of urban, skate park, and dirt jumps. I get out on the trails as well when weather and time permits. I'm not racing DH this year cuz I broke my hand skiing in Feb and sold my bike. I still show up to the races and play photographer.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
fuzzynutz said:
first off
it wasn't a comment, it was a question.
I can't believe everyone was so upset about my Question. I was just asking b/c in her pic she has that jersey and I was just wondering why a woman would support a place like that. I'm sorry jesh.

Does being a member of any of the sport teams at C.U. mean you support the allegded antics of the football program? I think not. Does being a student there mean the same thing? No. Hence some of the negativity expressed at your question.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Renegade said:
Does being a member of any of the sport teams at C.U. mean you support the allegded antics of the football program? I think not. Does being a student there mean the same thing? No. Hence some of the negativity expressed at your question.
Nicely Stated!

hev

Chimp
May 18, 2004
somewhere near the apex
i'm adam. i ride an orange ASX and a P1 mostly, i live right next to gunbarrel dirt jumps and dig and jump there often. also ride arbor, maverick (haven't in a while) and all the trails in the area. I like all kinds of riding. even have an XC bike wich is being badly neglected.

funny. I saw you pull up next to me this morning at vics. recognized the bike on the roof. next time i'll say hi.

oh and as a CU alumn, I'll say while the football program effed up big time, it doesn't do much to tarnish the education or aspects of the school I enjoyed...cycling and skiing is where it's at!

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Motionboy2 said:
I have been known to take a few pix here and there. :)

I ride a Look KX lite and an Endless Lifetime. Next year I will build up another DH bike but I had to take the year off for knee injuries.

Welcome back to colorado! You should head out to Snowmass for the national.
I have seen some of your pictures - and they are sweet! .. I am hoping to head up to snowmass .. I have a date with the cable guy sunday between 9 - 11 (I dunno what I was thinking) .. hmm internet or bike

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm Ryan and I've been mtn biking for about 10 years now. I started in college riding up in, and around Fort Collins.

I now live in Denver and just bought my first DH bike which I just took up to Vail for the first time last weekend and I'm totally diggin' it. I plan to race next season.

In my garage you'll find:

My new (used) '02 Turner DHR w/ Shiver
2001 Santa Cruz Superlight
a KHS 'cross bike (soft tail) that I do road on and wish I had more time to ride. It's just so efficient and fast, it's actually fun....
and last my Bontrager B1 BMX cruiser that is a total blast and wish I had more time to ride.

I usually ride the local front range rides (walker, white, apex, hogback, etc.)whenever possible. I'm also a big fan of utilizing the chair lifts at pretty much all the ski resorts, especially now that I have the DHR!

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Attachments

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
hev said:
...that was me...leaving for telluriding tonight. :)
oh nice - .. I grew up and by grew up I mean went to middle / high school in Telluride. I love getting down there. That's where the "CU" picture was taken.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Im Tony and I live in Colorado Springs. Im only 15 so its hard to ride many places since I dont have my license. I'll get it in October though. Im a major bike whore and ride a 2004 V-10 w/Shiver, 2003 Trek 820 (yes laugh...), a 2004 Soul Cycles Titan (in the works of being built), and then a 1980s Rossin Team Racing road bike.

here is my V-10...

mcgowanc said:

:dancing: yup, this chick will fit in! ... ha ha ... I am going to keep reading posts before I put me who why up... etc gimme a minute .. i read slow

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Hi, I'm Jeff, I'm unemployed, and live with my parents.

My parents tell me I've got no direction and no friends and really no life. Even my supposed friends hate me.

On top of that I'm a crappy semi pro DH guy, and I like to ride road even though I'm way too big at 6' 2" 200 lbs.

I only ride super secret trails by myself.

EDIT: I almost forgot, I ride a Cannondale Gemini DH "TEAM", Cannondale Optimo custom build/painted road bike, and soon a Cannondale Prophet 4x.

Me Name is Justin ... aka RedBeard or Barbarosa .... live up in Loveland .....just to make some of the early monkies groan that have seen this before.... pic following...

but, it shows my 1988 Stumpjumper Comp ... old deore XT, T-bone stem... the retro bike as I have heard kids call it in Moab... 'dude, nice retro bike'

I took a job at a bike shop in 1987 JUST SO I COULD GET THAT BIKE on prodeal.... :evil: when I got it I had to wait a week just to get a seat post LONG ENOUGH to compensate that I bought a 17.5 frame... this was back when they were still sizing bikes but going an inch or so under your personal parts and calling that the frame size... so, at the time, THAT bike was the meow back in Burlington Vermont.

So, let me see... that makes my mt bike 16 years old!

the other, roadi orange thing, that is an old allez or something... another old bike... 15 years old.

then that blue motorad... well i just sold that bmw frankenbike to my housemate and got a 1985 K100RS with 16k miles on it... the K bike is a good run it at 100 all day sport tour / commuter bike... looking for xr400 or klr650 and an xr75 for my kid at some point, she is not ready yet to ride more then pavement...

I could use a good walker ranch ride this year, but living up north, in the town of loveland... when i get out it mostly is to run the devils backbone and or coyote ridge since they are close and all.

have not been on the roadie now for like 2 years... cause that kayak needs some paddle time, puppy needs some hike time, have to plan alt weekends to be things my 6 yr can do too like rock climb and hike... and the motorcycle needs to burn some rubber off the new bridgestone battleax's on a canyon and so free time... gets tough to decide what where and all that. but BUT BBUUTT. welcome to the area, perhaps you can be the spark that gets some larger group rides in motion... everyone wanting to meet a spunky chick with a good sense of humor who rides....

and yeah... renegade is the man to tour guide ned with. he is uglier in real life then that pic of his on his avatar... :p

and yeah yeah.. while my bike is older then some of you slugs... and I could date your mothers... I still got abs baby! guiness is the secret... yup

and yeah yeah yeah... notice the Ridemonky sticker on the old blue bmw! and that joshua tank in background is my housemate/s

Attachments

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
- hmm group ride you say??

Is there anyone interested in starting a group ride?? perhaps I should start a separate thread for this....