Quantcast

Colorado Locals - Who Are you - Where / What Do you ride

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Let's see. Live in the springs but moving to Boulder soon, mostly ride the lower portion of captain jack's on my cinder cone, and work at Starbucks (hooray for college degrees). Now you know all the details of my incredibly exciting existence, congratulations.

Coincidentally, two days ago I was ready to move to Virginia and a couple of my friends have just about talked me out of it. Now I'll have to see if there are any real jobs to be had in Boulder.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
bean said:
Coincidentally, two days ago I was ready to move to Virginia and a couple of my friends have just about talked me out of it. Now I'll have to see if there are any real jobs to be had in Boulder.
there is some fun biking in VA .. but yes boulder kicks a$$ :) The skiing / boarding in VA .. not so good.

dowend

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Boulder, Colorado
My name is Dave.

I live in Gunbarrel and ride road, the front range, and the resorts. My bikes are as follows:

DH: Turner DHR :heart:
XC/FR: Rocky Mtn Switch :thumb:
Jump/park/urban: Norco 125
Road: Vitus

That's all (for now) :sneaky:

mcgowanc said:
.. ahhh the full suspension is so damn sweet. How was the Hall ride?

so another try? Walker or Hall Wed??

The Hall ride was good. I need to be out more then a bike path with my kiddo. Just the three of us, Rick Brian and my self went out. Rick being the Ogre aka the mountain troll, and Brian being Squeak the racer dude... and me being Justin the redbearded one who 'if I ride more I need a new bike, if I get a new bike I will ride more' and still rides the steel from 1988..... ha ha ha

I will do Hall somemore. I do need to get out more. Maybe I should get that roadie prepped and go ride the Carter lake loop some?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Motionboy2 said:
Naw...not on the internet at least :blah:
that's true, i had to move in with you before you started to hit on me! :D

edit: If you need a place to stay tho, MB will open his heart (and his home) to ya, so just learn to put up with the flirting and all is good. :heart:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Transcend said:
that's true, i had to move in with you before you started to hit on me! :D

edit: If you need a place to stay tho, MB will open his heart (and his home) to ya, so just learn to put up with the flirting and all is good. :heart:
It is ok though, I am the biggest wimp I know...I am harmless :p

L

Lightninleana

My name is Leana I am 18 I will move out to Durango in a week, and I need people to ride with and to show me around.
I will have with me a Cannondale Gemini, Prophet, Jekeyll, and Chase.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Transcend said:
Hmm, i could go into business selling off the cool stuff in your garage! Can i sleep in the jeep?
The Jeep doesn't fit in the Garage anymore... :evil:

But I will take a percentage of whatever you sell. That thing needs a cleaning!

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
mcgowanc said:
Is there a reason you have not been able to ride it all summer?
Josh would probably reply with the excuse of recovering from an acl reconstruction, but I think there are deeper reasons hidden inside him. Josh? :cool:

k9handler

Monkey
Aug 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Hello all, I no longer live in Colo but I did grow up in Pueblo...29th street hills is where we would ride all day! I am a roadie at heart, but like to tear up my body on the DH trails on top of my Kona Stuff. Germany is great, but I do hope to return to Colo soon as I have been away for 17 years.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Renegade said:
Josh would probably reply with the excuse of recovering from an acl reconstruction, but I think there are deeper reasons hidden inside him. Josh? :cool:
Deeper reasons? I don't know all this lycra makes me feel funny inside.. I kinda like it! :p

mcgowanc
I did tear my ACL and the doc has warned me time and time again not to ride like I did for about 6 months from when I had the surgery. It has been almost 4 now and I will probably start hitting up the BMX track when I get back from Durango.
I miss riding DH and at the BMX track especially. But I have no desire to have this surgery again, so I am not gonna rush it too much.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Motionboy2 said:
Deeper reasons? I don't know all this lycra makes me feel funny inside.. I kinda like it! :p

mcgowanc
I did tear my ACL and the doc has warned me time and time again not to ride like I did for about 6 months from when I had the surgery. It has been almost 4 now and I will probably start hitting up the BMX track when I get back from Durango.
I miss riding DH and at the BMX track especially. But I have no desire to have this surgery again, so I am not gonna rush it too much.
-- Hmm did you have a thing for bugs bunny when he dressed up like a girl?

ahh, sorry to hear that! . . I can't imagine what pain in the arse (or more specifically knee) surgery would be. Definitely take it easy at the BMX track and enjoy :)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Bugs bunny? Are you saying you are into animated rabbits?!...Interesting. I wonder what Freud would think :p

Honestly there are much worse things that you can do to yourself above and beyond the ACL, but I have no desire to mess up again, so I have been listening to some of what the doctor tells me. :)

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
mcgowanc said:
-- Hmm did you have a thing for bugs bunny when he dressed up like a girl?

ahh, sorry to hear that! . . I can't imagine what pain in the arse (or more specifically knee) surgery would be. Definitely take it easy at the BMX track and enjoy :)
Josh, you got me thinking; besides listing who we are and what we ride, we should also list our two-wheeled related injuries!

11 years ago-broken left femur from recumbent bike accident. Don't ever break a femur!
2.5 years ago- permanent third degree shoulder separation, right shoulder, riding at gold hill
15 months ago- torn acl and miniscus damage in right knee, surgically repaired, torn labrum in left shoulder, also repaired: hit a dog while riding my dirt bike.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
bikeCOLORADO said:
From Colorado Springs.
I like long rides on technical terrain.
Is that the mountain bikers version of "I like long walks on the beach?" :)

Renny, my list is all different sections of my skin that was removed, this is the first surgical thing I have had to endure...Oh and remember Recumbant riding is bad for you! :p

Bruised ribs from Angelfire
Pretty much skinned my back at Plattekill (I thought those roost gaurds worked :p)
Cut my thumb in half when my pocket knive folded unexpectedly...

Other than that it is just a bunch of bumps and bruises..

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Renegade said:
Josh, you got me thinking; besides listing who we are and what we ride, we should also list our two-wheeled related injuries!

11 years ago-broken left femur from recumbent bike accident. Don't ever break a femur!
2.5 years ago- permanent third degree shoulder separation, right shoulder, riding at gold hill
15 months ago- torn acl and miniscus damage in right knee, surgically repaired, torn labrum in left shoulder, also repaired: hit a dog while riding my dirt bike.
hmm I have to say my list is pretty lack luster

-16 yrs ago
8 stitches from a pedal putting a fairly large hole in my upper leg.

- 7 yrs ago
A toboggan and ambulance ride to the vail's finest emergency room
- So I was told. I think I took a jump, I dont think I landed it. (on ski's)

- Several months ago
Broke a couple small trees - 1 with my arse / 1 with my ribs (two separate incidents) - i had an issue with trees this summer

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I got a couple stiches from playing hockey, but that isn't two wheel related, so I suppose it doesn't really count, which means I have nothing. I must not be pushing myself hard enough.

in 1991 with that ancient stumpjumper comp .... i was riding at 30+ mph bunny hopped over a curb, to cut a guys yard, going directly at the setting sun on the horizen... the day before Vermont Reggae fest.... and broke the lower later mass off of my C-1 neck vertibrae

in 1990 i hydroplanned a corner on my skinny tired ride and slid about 50 feet on my hip... still have pebbles

in 1989 i did my first century ride on a borowed Pinnarelo with Campy Crecord.. stem was too long for me... could not feel my left nut for a week

side bar

I just put Josh from Denver, who works in evergreen... just put his now mine, 2002 Bighit in my garage... have only had a chance to ride around the house tonight and while practiicing manuals and wheelies and seeing if i could trials ride it UP a 3 foot retaining wall... turned around and rode it slow crawl speed off the 3 foot drop wall... like it was a street curb... my housemate with his old joshua Y tried it... and fully seperated a break on his collar bone... he stuffed the front wheel, rode it 4 feet and then cratered into the black top and just went THUNK... took him too the ER

and i just bought my almost 7 yr old a 24" raliegh and we were going to ride tonight... nope.... not tonight.... i should be out on devils back bone and perhaps see if i can squeeze off a ride on coyote ridge too monday afternoon.... on the new bighit ride...

i want to get up to west magnolia and try that stuff again!... gotta practice more manuals and wheelies and seeing how hi i can bunny the thing and practice some climb time for ease of climb and some for see how fast i can go up... then of course.... :evil: down

Attachments