Quantcast

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Good to see Dan Atherton ride again. Is it me but does the head angle looks like 60*?

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-release/PR-Athertons-Announce-New-Sponsors,303

Dan Atherton rode this bike while filming for 3 Minute Gaps in New Zealand. The final World Cup race bike for Atherton Racing will be similar, but different than what is shown here.

The Athertons rolled out the new Commencal Supreme V3 with a few new additions for the 2011 season. Having worked with Continental tyres for two seasons on development the team showed off the latest addition, which they referred to as the ‘Rammstein Project’ a dry tyre that incorporates the Black Chilli compound and the quality of a hand built German built tyre.

Working alongside the Continental tyres the Athertons will be using Stans No Tubes tubeless solution in a bid to save those ever important, tenths of a second.

Also new on the bike is headsets and Tiramic cartridge bearings from Token, these trick and lightweight components help keep the Supremes weight a cool 2llbs lighter than 2010.

bobsten

Monkey
Oct 23, 2008
rain rain go away
‘Rammstein Project’ a dry tyre that incorporates the Black Chilli compound and the quality of a hand built German built tyre.
Interesting... I would think the Germans would strive for efficiency instead of hand building their tires.

Also intriguing to see that they've dumped the "Pro" shoes and gone to Shimano.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Interesting... I would think the Germans would strive for efficiency instead of hand building their tires.

Also intriguing to see that they've dumped the "Pro" shoes and gone to Shimano.
basically EVERY tire is still handbuilt because so far most factories use a manul lay up system to "build" the tire before it will be "vulcanized" (don't know whether thats the right term in english) to the finished product

have a look

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=394809

funny enough this seems to be conti :)