Quantcast

Constructive Criticism for Mt. Snow and other mountains

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Yo Slowitdown I really hate you. Like every other post you make is just stupid. It is a business what other incentive do they have to host races???? The goodness of their hearts??? You can only break even for so long before it just is not worth it anymore.
He's trolling...trust me, I know.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Yo Slowitdown I really hate you. Like every other post you make is just stupid. It is a business what other incentive do they have to host races???? The goodness of their hearts??? You can only break even for so long before it just is not worth it anymore.
You apparently are not a student of fiscal policy, nor are you aware of what's happening in America.

Good for you. Be happy in your ignorance.

I'm glad you hate me. How old are you, 15?

Clownshoe

Chimp
Aug 1, 2010
I've never been to Mt. Snow, but I do work in another bike park, so perhaps I can add some perspective. In my opinion bike forums are usually mostly filled with people talking **** about whatever park they were just at. For whatever reason, people are more likely to post negative stuff then positive stuff.

@ the OP: Not bashing you, but I'm guessing you've never been a part of organizing or volunteering at one of these races. It's easy to criticize, but the reality is these events NEVER make money, and even what you view as half ass definately took a lot of time, money and effort to pull off. Finding enough volunteers to help with races is always an ongoing struggle. Also, these people are there for free, so usually the most they can be expected to do is sit there and watch for crashes. Realistically, the course is taped once before practice, and if possible the breaks in the tape are fixed before racing. that's about it. Tape getting broken and blatant cheating, unfortunately are always a part of DH racing. Again, I wasn't there, but everything inside the tape is fair game, so if there was a corner to be cut because the way it was taped, then that's totally legit.

@ MtSnow (the poster, not the mountain). Don't get drawn in to lashing out at people who slag you on the net. It comes off looking bad on you. Believe me, I read pages and pages of people **** talking my park everyday. It can make you crazy, but you can't respond the way you did if you are speaking on behalf of the mountain. Obviously you are passionate about biking and about Mt.Snow (god knows we don't do it for the money), so it's easy to get offended about something you probably put a ****load of time into. Gotta take the criticisms with a grain of e-salt, try and find ways to improve from the comments, and then ALWAYS take the high road if you really feel the need to respond in the forums. A great example is the response from MtSnowGuide. If you are going to get into an e-war, at least pick a user name that doesn't make it seem like you are speaking for the mountain.

my .02