Quantcast

Country Park Photos

harorider77

Chimp
Mar 21, 2005
anybody have any updates about the freeride trail at cp, the trail that I usually hop on my bike and ride to all most everyday in high point just got sold. They're buildin some condos or somethin, its a damn shame. The trail flows great, not as fast as many would like but a fun trail to ride especially because of the location to my house. It will probably be ridable for the next 6 months until they start choppin it up. And manimal I met u out at the trail one day , let me know if u wanna ride some time

harorider77

Chimp
Mar 21, 2005
yeh Northwood, some guy bought the place to build a housing developement on. All of disneylands goin also all of the backside where the the steep drop to small double is. Houses are gonna back all the way up to that spot. the only thing left we'll probably be about 2 miles of trail.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
harorider77 said:
yeh Northwood, some guy bought the place to build a housing developement on. All of disneylands goin also all of the backside where the the steep drop to small double is. Houses are gonna back all the way up to that spot. the only thing left we'll probably be about 2 miles of trail.

do you know when they're gonna start to tear down the stunts? or will chip just leave them for the construction crew to deal with?

harorider77

Chimp
Mar 21, 2005
Constructions gonna start in about 6 months maybe sooner. Chip talked to whoevers in charge of the plans and kinda came to an agreement about leaving the section with the log ride to teeter and where the new stunt with the hip landing is. When construction starts that will be the only part of the trail left. Chip has also talked to the ymca about building a trail that backed up to behind the Y, and with permission Chip says we'll be able to build whatever we want, but I cant really garauntee it right now, I should have more details soon.....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
ok, have some pics to post. they're cheesy quality 'cause they're vid captures but you'll get the idea.
me, noah, zach and andy devault (anybody remember him? one of the coolest riders/racers ever....he understands how to just have fun) all wound up riding CP at the same time this week. andy was rocking it racer style and zach was throwing down as usual. noah was trying the big bike and the FS bike and having a blast. then a dude showed up with an RC car and stole noah's attention for a while :D

anyhoo....i finally made it to the right-most tranny on the big gap..and it felt sweet! so smooooooth. so, here are the pics.

zach with a nice 1-footer over the gap

Andy Devault staying low and fast

zach attempting his no-footed/can-can landing :D (landed way down the tranny and went over the berm at the bottom....hilarious vid)

yours truly, with my signature tweak/dead sailor

andy's cool striped boxers :thumb:

look...you can't see my back hair from this angle :D

andy styling the 6-pack

me finally making it to the good tranny

noah smacking the table on the FS bike

...and the double, after dark

werd.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
is andy the one with the powder blue tazer with a minute fork? I think i saw him out there one day, definetly a really cool guy

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yup, that's him. super nice guy and very encouraging. finally got his # so i'll be inviting him to ride more. he moved to VA last year and i hadn't heard from him 'till cp.

as i recall, he was kicking arse racing BMX on his tazer. think he was #1 in his class

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yeah, I try to get to the butta tranny but I don't always stick it. But like you said, if you stick it on the good tranny, it is butta smoove. Hey Tubs, you wanna go fishin on Saturday or Sunday with me, escapeartist and willeville? I wanna try some new spots that i didn't try last time and maybe take some pics of a couple of big fish, especially while we're near the table.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Sick.... Manimal to bad the tree was in the way of the vid, cause i sure woulda loved to see the half gainer with about 7 foot of air i got gettin launched off my bike into the air from that burm :P

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Here's some pics from Country Park. Finally, I can post them! I've got a lot more on the way. Sorry if a few are blurry.

Main Table on a build day

Craig, the Grom, launching the Main Table

Hoyt, the Smooth Guy, gracing the Main Tabletop

Me, coming back from a Tabletop over the Main Table. Photo taken by Ed Locke/Locke Management .

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Its about 40min from Winston, it shouldnt take you too much more than that. Its worth it, but understand that its a fun place, not a really big, challenging, huge double place