Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@boostindoubles hope you get through it with mild symptoms.

About the whole school thing and masks, I have no clue so genuine question, even if the school has no mask rules, you still send the kids to school with them right? Do they then just discard them or get asked to do so?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
that was quick
Yeah fuck it total lack of confidence in that place for elementary education. It is a local Montessori that has good preschool programs but the elementary program is apparently preschool 2.0 for rich kids who don't want their kids in public school. Between the teachers unorganized classroom, the class size of 24, and some of the things they're doing - it was easy to hit the eject button.

One thing was they're assuring us the class size is a non issue by telling us the 2nd and 3rd graders would come around and help the 1st and kindergarten kids. Which led me to think that when my kid is in 2nd grade she'll be spending her day helping younger kids rather than focusing on her work.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@boostindoubles hope you get through it with mild symptoms.

About the whole school thing and masks, I have no clue so genuine question, even if the school has no mask rules, you still send the kids to school with them right? Do they then just discard them or get asked to do so?
We have a mask mandate so I can't comment on that. We send our kid with a mask and hope she wears it all day. Obviously if she is told otherwise she doesn't mind taking it off. Dammit

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yeah fuck it total lack of confidence in that place for elementary education. It is a local Montessori that has good preschool programs but the elementary program is apparently preschool 2.0 for rich kids who don't want their kids in public school. Between the teachers unorganized classroom, the class size of 24, and some of the things they're doing - it was easy to hit the eject button.

One thing was they're assuring us the class size is a non issue by telling us the 2nd and 3rd graders would come around and help the 1st and kindergarten kids. Which led me to think that when my kid is in 2nd grade she'll be spending her day helping younger kids rather than focusing on her work.
if i understand correctly, that's kind of how montessori elementaries are supposed to work. it's the same w/4, 5, 6 grades. but i get it if that's not your style.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
if i understand correctly, that's kind of how montessori elementaries are supposed to work. it's the same w/4, 5, 6 grades. but i get it if that's not your style.
I could see it being handled well and being of benefit. In the environment we witnessed however it didn't seem to be the case.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’ve got quite a few musician friends, and I’m seeing them going out and playing concerts again. I’m pretty conflicted, because I love knowing they’re back to work, but when I see them playing packed gigs I can’t help but wondering what’s getting passed around in the crowd.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I just got the swizzle stick treatment. But this was more like just checking for bogies, rather than the poking at your brain I had when tested previously.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interesting local data on vaccinated vs unvaccinated. For context King county is 66% fully vaccinated for all ages.

Interesting the death ratio is lower than hospitalization ratios. I assume this is due to a lot of at risk vaccinated people just needing the slightest nudge into the grave.

Edit: Looking at the age based data if you are 65+ years old you do not want the Corona vaccine or not.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can you say Super Spreader event? sure you can

Saturday at a college football game in Madison Wisconsin. See you you can find more than one or two people wearing masks?

View attachment 164575
Local pro and college teams are requiring masks and proof of vaccination or negative test. Sometimes I hate this town but at least I can't say I am surrounded by selfish mouth breathers.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The source is suspect, but I have been kind of banking on this theory for a while now.
Somewhat less sketchy source:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
paywall. even in incognito mode... but I think I get the gist of it anyways... 3 anti-maskers, for fear of having their liberties bridled, threaten a principle and are arrested and charged with stupidity?
some teatard went REEEEEEEEEEE because their kid was identified through contact tracing as having been around someone that had covid, and was required to wear a mask and quarantine. he assembled meal team six to attempt a citizens arrest on the principal for "violating the will of the people" or some fabricated bullshit, livestreamed it, had the cops called on them after they entered the school and confronted the principal. end result of fucking around: he is finding out.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
some teatard went REEEEEEEEEEE because their kid was identified through contact tracing as having been around someone that had covid, and was required to wear a mask and quarantine. he assembled meal team six to attempt a citizens arrest on the principal for "violating the will of the people" or some fabricated bullshit, livestreamed it, had the cops called on them after they entered the school and confronted the principal. end result of fucking around: he is finding out.
that's worse than I thought.
facepalmbaby.gif