Quantcast

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ahh, what would Tyson know about data and numbers, anyway.
actually i showed it to my wife (a research scientist) and she was pissed. after getting called out on it in the comments he explained how he had extrapolated his figure from a bunch of different sources with vague numbers (i.e., not accounting for independents, not saying where his death rate numbers were from, or where they were from geographically, not saying over what time period he got the numbers, and often not citing his sources. so even though she generally agrees with him she felt like he undermined actual research and good science. basically, "stick to astrophysics, asshat."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't think people realize how easy it is to verify vaccine information.
The nurse at the V.A. wrote the wrong date on my dad's card for the first shot so it looks suspect. But he's old, disabled and doesn't travel so probably not a problem.

Washington State has a vaccine passport, although they don't call it that. The system couldn't find my records. A friend who works at a hospital pulled my vaccine records and my phone number and address were not linked. She updated the info for me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
attn CO monkies:

We have a similar mandate here in NY. All must be vaccinated by Sept 27th. One of the two big hospitals announced that they are giving a 5 day grace period and then you will be terminated. I'm curious to see where this goes overall, but specifically at the small affiliated hospital my wife works at. For context, if you look at a detailed voting map, we live on a little blue island in a VAST sea of red. Lots of Fox viewers. The management had an emergency meeting last week to come up with a plan for staff shortages based on the number of people unvaccinated and claiming they have no intention of getting vaccinated because "What is the hospital going to do? They have to back down because of strength in numbers." What does this impact?
1/3 of ICU nurses
All or most of Dialysis
All or most of OB/Gyn
1/2 the Lab
and that's just the ones I know of. They claim you can't believe the data, the numbers aren't that bad (the hospital has been full pretty much the whole time), and the best one is that one of her coworkers is afraid the vaccine will give her cancer... she smokes:banghead:. Any time the wife backs them into a corner with logic the conversation goes to every other Fox talking point; What do you only watch CNN?, Biden's gas prices, DeSantis is doing it right, Biden can't even stay awake, blah blah blah. I told my wife to tell them she heard in lieu of vaccination cards the hospital will accept receipts for Ivermectin. Idiots.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Where in GOD's name is this narrative coming from? The usual suspects on FB are repeating this... and I can't figure out what firehose of shit they're being fed that could *ever* give them this idea... :disgust1:

Is this like the "Sweden is doing it right" bullshit? :confused:
Let them keep doing exactly what they're doing.. Evil Nick wants to see piles of dead unbelievers before this is over.

Awful. I know

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Let them keep doing exactly what they're doing.. Evil Nick wants to see piles of dead unbelievers before this is over.

Awful. I know

It is one thing if it truly was "my body my choice", but these people are vectors spreading disease to others, many like children who can't get vaccinated. They are taking away the opportunity for people like restaurant workers and musicians to make a living. They are creating situations where children can't get a good education and learn valuable social skills. They are creating situations where people are being put under severe mental duress driving addiction and mental illness. They are consuming hospital capacity to the point where people with non life threatening ailments are being turned away. They aren't just putting themselves at risk, they are putting others at risk and doing irreparable harm to society. I say fuck'em and don't feel bad if I grin a little when I hear that yet another malignant bi-pedal cancer has been irradicated by their own ignorance and selfishness.

Last edited: