Quantcast

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Found out this morning that my elderly, yet completely bad ass and awesome uncle, who is fully vaccinated, wears a mask everywhere and takes all of the necessary precautions, is in the hospital with COVID. I’m completely pissed off to think that some mouth breathing “did my own research” and “it’s just the flu” idiot likely gave this to him.

Is it really that hard to wear a mask or go get a shot?? It’s not. How something like this becomes political and people refuse to do what’s right because that makes them a better “conservative” is beyond me.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Found out this morning that my elderly, yet completely bad ass and awesome uncle, who is fully vaccinated, wears a mask everywhere and takes all of the necessary precautions, is in the hospital with COVID. I’m completely pissed off to think that some mouth breathing “did my own research” and “it’s just the flu” idiot likely gave this to him.

Is it really that hard to wear a mask or go get a shot?? It’s not. How something like this becomes political and people refuse to do what’s right because that makes them a better “conservative” is beyond me.
Ugh...sorry to hear it! I just found out that a student's father has it...quite sick...he's been in my class all week and no contact tracing. Now he's out with symptoms!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yeah....contact tracing is a complete shit-show right now. Thankfully I am fully vaccinated as are many of his classmates (the he and his family are very anti-mask/vax), and we practice physical distancing with masks for the majority of our time together (MS Band so they are unmasked when playing but 6+ feet apart with windows and doors open).

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Yeah....contact tracing is a complete shit-show right now. Thankfully I am fully vaccinated as are many of his classmates (the he and his family are very anti-mask/vax), and we practice physical distancing with masks for the majority of our time together (MS Band so they are unmasked when playing but 6+ feet apart with windows and doors open).
Great to hear your school is taking some precautionary measures. My daughter’s school? No masks, distancing, nothing.

Stay safe!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Get stabbed or suck it.

“As a Christian, I can’t support anything that has to do with abortion of babies, and the sanctity of life for me is precious,” she said.

I'm sure once I search her name I'll find her years and years of protests over the iraq war

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Great to hear your school is taking some precautionary measures. My daughter’s school? No masks, distancing, nothing.

Stay safe!
Yikes! Yes, we are being cautious. Masks indoors at all times (unless eating) no more than 5 minute mask breaks per class period; windows open for air circulation; masked on bus too which has parents grumbling. We have also hosted several vaccination clinics and are providing testing for kids that have symptoms and are being sent home from school.

In fact, we played a field hockey game last night on turf inside a "dome tent" and had to wear masks (it sucked!!!!) because it was considered indoors. All of our indoor athletics wear masks...outside not required but were in the spring.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Company issued a vaccine mandate yesterday
Engineers union just issued their response: Get vaccinated stupid
Workers union: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We have one guy in the office trying to say all sorts of people have died from the vaccine. He's probably been taken care of by management, but I felt like replying that "It's true, I died".

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We have one guy in the office trying to say all sorts of people have died from the vaccine. He's probably been taken care of by management, but I felt like replying that "It's true, I died".
My hope for humanity dies listening to people explain why they don't want to get the vaccine. That could be considered a casualty.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
“As a Christian, I can’t support anything that has to do with abortion of babies, and the sanctity of life for me is precious,” she said.

I'm sure once I search her name I'll find her years and years of protests over the iraq war
I have never understood why Christians are so murderous. I am afraid of them for the most part.