Quantcast

Crank Brothers Egg Beaters versus some old used Ritcheys

I just pulled my mtb out of the basement where he has been relegated for the past few years, lonely and sad, longing for a ride. So I finally gave in to his demands and will be riding again shortly. However, he's in need of a big tuneup, and I'm rummaging through my bag of bike goodies, and found some crank bros egg beaters.

I currently have some ritchey clipless pedals that I bought used for dirt cheap on my mtb. So, is it worth switching out with the Egg Beaters? Anyone have any strong opinions either way?

If it matters, I'm not going to do any real mtb for a few more months--I entered a triathlon with a road cycling portion, so me and my mtb are going to hang out with the roadies.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I just started using Crank Brothers pedals (I have the quattro SLs) on my road bike and they are nice...very easy in & out and light. I haven't used the Ritchie pedals, but I would think that the egg beaters would be a nice upgrade. What are you going to run for the triathlon? Maybe, for consistency sake run the same?

I just started using Crank Brothers pedals (I have the quattro SLs) on my road bike and they are nice...very easy in & out and light.
OK, that's good enough reason for me to switch them out. I'm doing nothing but training for the next two months, so whatever I setup now is what I'll be using then.

Thanks!

It's been so long since I've ridden my bike, I've been trying to remember how to get the stupid tires off. :) :imstupid: