Quantcast

Crankworx Festival?

Raacerx

Monkey
Is anyone from the Bay going to be around for the Crankworx festival up in BC this next week? Has anyone been up to Whistler yet and checked out the new goods? Ill be up there, down to ride and drink or vice versa, just curious how many folks will be there too.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Kidwoo, YetiDher, OGRipper, ricebowls, ender, Freak, Velocity Girl, etc..

we've all been there this season. Fun as always. I just wonder how it is in the dry tho.. :dead:

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Me and Zacky will be up the 5-13... Look for a sexy jewish boy on a demo 8 with a dorado... followed by a slightly less sexy jewish boy on a white balfa two-step.

Holla if you see us.

Zack

Monkey
Apr 5, 2004
West Menlo
The Kadvang said:
Me and Zacky will be up the 5-13... Look for a sexy jewish boy on a demo 8 with a dorado... followed by a slightly less sexy jewish boy on a white balfa two-step.

Holla if you see us.
6th-12th*

Thanks, Danny. Actually I did deserve that one...

Russ

Chimp
Jan 25, 2003
Bay Area, California
Acadian said:

we've all been there this season. Fun as always. I just wonder how it is in the dry tho.. :dead:
It's been just fine since you left, Luc. Nice and sunny, even hot. :-)

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I'm not sure yet.
We have several condo's for all 10+ of us, but I have no idea where.

I'm also doing heli-biking that thurs or friday. Hehehe..

SLAPSHOT

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
SoCal
Doing this trip solo (aside from GF), so I would love to ride with some of you guys if possible. First day of riding will be August 7. Staying at Pan Pacific. PM me with contact info. First post ride round of drinks is on me!

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Arcadian, when did you go up there?

A few of my friends and I roadtripped up there and road during the week of the 11th-15th. Only one of those days had the sun shown enough to dry the dirt, and sadly that was also the day we decided to explore vancouver.

We only got to ride garbonzo twice and clownshoes was closed most of the time we were there. Everything else was fun. I got seven stitches from uppder downhill (I think. I got a concussion, as well, so don't take my word on it).

Zack

Monkey
Apr 5, 2004
West Menlo
Zack said:
Danny and I are at the Aspens.
Scratch that...we're at the Pan Pacific right near the lift.

Wow, lot's of us are going to be there. We should do a RideMonkey A-line ride/photoshoot.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Raacerx said:
Is anyone from the Bay going to be around for the Crankworx festival up in BC this next week? Has anyone been up to Whistler yet and checked out the new goods? Ill be up there, down to ride and drink or vice versa, just curious how many folks will be there too.
hey monkey nutz...gimme back that shock and spring... i saw the spring on ur bike and since fox is gonna be at crankwerks you can swap that steel one i gave you out there...ill even take that spring off at ians. call me up dude.. 925-890-4146

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
morethanjake543 said:
Arcadian, when did you go up there?

A few of my friends and I roadtripped up there and road during the week of the 11th-15th. Only one of those days had the sun shown enough to dry the dirt, and sadly that was also the day we decided to explore vancouver.

We only got to ride garbonzo twice and clownshoes was closed most of the time we were there. Everything else was fun. I got seven stitches from uppder downhill (I think. I got a concussion, as well, so don't take my word on it).
Kidwoo and I left on July 1st and came back on July 10th.

We left Whistler July 7th and rode Fromme that afternoon. We were planning on riding Cypress on the 8th, but it was PISSING :angry:

I hate rain...

SLAPSHOT

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
SoCal
I'll be there Saturday as well, can't wait. We should set up a time for all of the California monkeys to meet and have a beer.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Acadian said:

Dusty and loose. I find it much easier to ride when damp/wet then the conditions right now. Don't follow to close behind anyone either.

SLAPSHOT

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
SoCal
Hey Roasted, the shuttle service I'm using from Vancouver to Whistler is screwing me on the departure times, i.e., long wait after my arrival. Any suggestions?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
where are you getting screwed? There is 2 options that I know of

Perimeter right to your hotels door. No waits anywhere really.

or

Airporter to greyhound to whistler - potential for lots of waiting times.

Have you looked at both options? Another choice, if you have 3 or 4 people is to rent a van. Would be about the same price as paying to move the bikes + people.

SLAPSHOT

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
SoCal
Thanks for the info. I'm booked on Perimeter right now. However, I arrive at 9:00pm, and they are not picking me up until 11:30pm. I realize customs may take awhile, but I think that is a little too long to wait. Know any locals who would be willing to shuttle us, I'd rather pay them the $130 (2 people, 1 bike) for the round trip.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I am pretty sure you can rent a van cheaper. (I thought)...and if you get avis there is a center in town where you can drop off the van the next morning.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
so im ganna be up in whistler from the 6th- the 12 ridding with some other people. if anybody wants join at all give me a call when your up there. 831-251-1119

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
IronJim said:
so im ganna be up in whistler from the 6th- the 12 ridding with some other people. if anybody wants join at all give me a call when your up there. 831-251-1119
Well probably see u sometime up there