Quantcast

Crashes, Cops and Hucks....A new vid from Manimal

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
DHracer1067 said:
those dirtjumps look pretty sweet. where are they. you live in nc right. was thinkin maybe we could go checkem out? look alot better then what we have around here.
they're all in the peidmont triad area. winston salem, greensboro. send me a pm if you're heading this way and we'll hook up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
manimal said:
wow, you must not have dial up 'cause you dl'd the vid and posted faster than i can evern submit a reply....friggin dial up :mumble:

I'm at work. I have dial up at home. I would have read your thread, wished I could have watched your video and moved on.

It would be cool if there were cops who rode around here.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
manimal said:
they're all in the peidmont triad area. winston salem, greensboro. send me a pm if you're heading this way and we'll hook up.
cool so like 2 hours away at the most for winston salem i would think. ill have to try to make it up there sometime but itd be nice to have a hardtail when i go. ill talk to robert see if he can drive us all up there sometime soon.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
DHracer1067 said:
cool so like 2 hours away at the most for winston salem i would think. ill have to try to make it up there sometime but itd be nice to have a hardtail when i go. ill talk to robert see if he can drive us all up there sometime soon.
where are you at? are you on the west (asheville) side or east (raleigh) side? both of those places have some good stuff. a-ville has the obvious swannanoa dj's and raleigh has a pretty cool place w/ stunts called tar river.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
yeah im in cary. like 15 mins from raleigh.ive been to tar river and its alot of fun but i wanna do some dirtjumps that are good. the chapel hill trails actually have alot of dirtjumps and a long rythym section but they are really meant for bmx bikes and they are really hard on a mtb. especially my bighit.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Mr Tiles said:
Like the vid...a road trip may be in order. Those jumps look fun!

come one, come all! the more the merrier.:thumb:

the dirt jumps with the tight berm where the dude (dickiesbike1) didn't make it are built for bmx, db1 is the only mt. biker that i've seen hit it and make it. they're super tight as you can tell from the clip where he ghost rides his bike. there are some really good ones for mtn bikes at salem lake though (the clip with the really orange dirt)

for any that care, the dude in the red shirt that pulls the no-foot seat grab on the step-up and the nice flatty over the double is the same dude that won the amatuer class at the a-ville street comp. he's pretty cool and puts in a lot of time building the local stuff.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Mtbkngrl said:
Was that Duane in the vid? Good Job............very entertaining.

good eye! that's him in the last section, giving the flying elbow. it's me in the first part. duane's a friggin monster, especially when he's been pepper sprayed and is pissed.

as evidenced here :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
awesome vid! you've got some editing skills for sure :thumb: and the riding isn't bad either, heh

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
T-Pirate said:
That vid is awesome!! I loved the random respectage thrown in there. Cop training is awesome.
you've gotta resepect the '88 S-10 with no muffler.....ultimate chick mobile:thumb:

dump - the song is on old cypress hill tune...i honestly don't remember the name of it. i THINK it was from the BLADE soundtrack but i'm not totally sure.

Pedalist

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Clayton, NC
That one trail with the dirt jumps and the "showtime kicker," is my favorite trail to ride. I am going there tomorrow I will be there around lunch. (910)476-5025 Holla!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Pedalist said:
That one trail with the dirt jumps and the "showtime kicker," is my favorite trail to ride. I am going there tomorrow I will be there around lunch. (910)476-5025 Holla!!!

just to let you know, the trail is still there but the dirt jumps have been recently bulldozed. power company must have gotten pissed off.

a new 30' gap drop in had just been added too, oh well, we need to find some land to build on that won't be messed with.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
urbanhuckbot said:
you've got a lot of balls when you're posting through the anonymity of the internet. i wonder if you'd have the same tenacity on the trail? come to a southeast DH or DS race next season and we can have a "discussion" about your generalistic and naive views. :dead: :nuts: :stosh:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Peete said:
Brandon, cool video :thumb: I was hoping to see some high speed pursuit on the car clip.

ha, we were thinking about it actually. i was going to chase the car, it was going to stop and dickiesbike1 was going to run. i'd then jump out of the car, spilling a fresh dozen of krispy kreme doughnuts on the ground, chase him down and give him a thoroughly over the top beating, handcuff him to my spotlight and drive off with him running along side. :D

we've got to work on the camera angles and such to figure out the logistics of it though. it'll be on the next vid...or, if we ever put together a full length one.