Quantcast

Crashing.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I was manualing a 6-pack during bmx race practice in 94 and the front end came down into the face of #5. Things got wacky and I landed on my face, effectively knocking out my front tooth and shredding my lip. Damn open face helmets. I bought a mouth guard when things healed up. Me and my porcelain tooth have been happy since.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Had some bad luck on hips today... I was out at the skatepark for a bbq with some locals just riding and chillin. It was getting kinda windy with fairly strong gusts here and there, but I ride this park almost every day so I guess I might have been a little over-confident. I had been blasting the hips there for hours, but I ended up hitting it and getting caught by a gust of wind that sent me off balance and leaning too far to the side. Landed and proceeded to wash out and land on my hip. (realistically probably the first time falling on this hip in the last couple years at least) Didn't fall that hard at all, just kinda sucked.

After the bbq, me and my homie went to some dirt jumps to ride for a bit. After taking 5-6 runs through the pack and throwing clicked tables on this one hip, out of nowhere my bar end gets caught in my shirt in mid table and I pretty much land in a table and my friend almost runs me over. (luckily I didn't get impaled by my bar but it fvcking hurt.. I was pissed) IMO, the crashes like these that you don't see coming are allways the worst. Knock on wood...

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I started my journey into bmx flatland last week and my shins and knees have never been so cut up and bruised in all my life. I've learned my lesson and wear shin guards now. It's amazing how bad you can fall at 1 mph!

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
THis friday morning I was on my way to work going down one of the only hills in manhatten (181st street). I was going around 35 mph when a car service car pulled out in front of me. I had just enough time to hit the brakes and slow down to about 25 mph before i hit the car. I ended up slamming my leg in to the car and landing in the hood. Dented car, Bruised knee and elbow, stiff neck, broken brake and shifter are the result.

Last edited: