Quantcast

Crested Butte: The Vibe

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Best Vibe I've felt at a race in a long time! The parking lots were full, people were camping everywhere and everyone seemed like they were having a great time. I believe the vibe makes and breaks the racing experience! What did you all think? Good job Darner and crew for making it happen.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
One thing I noticed this year that I haven't noticed in year's past is: the mountain opps staff was friendly and actually seemed to WANT us there! I talked with someone during the weekend, and they indicated that there has been some re-staffing of the mountain, and this may be part of it. At any rate, it was awesome to have my bike loaded by someone that seemed stoked to have the event there, rather than treat me like I was a pain in the ass.

Beyond that, SICK new tracks for DH and 4X, heard the XC was really nicely built and new as well and was actually a MOUNTAIN BIKE trail, which is cool. Stoked to have Team Geronimo pitting right next to us, that was awesome!

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Thanks funken! Aside from results all of my memories of racing comes from hanging out with my friends at the races, usually camping in the dirt! I look forward to it all year.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Same here, CB was a blast! The new course was great, lift tickets were cheap (free one for race day!) the shirts were cool and the vibe was great. I also felt like they wanted us there, definitely going back next year:fans: