Quantcast

Cross Racing!

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
nope, u23 just lines up by uci points, then random. looking at the forcast, saturday's low is in the mid 30's, so maybe it won't be an ice rink afterall! super stoked, still nervous though. borrowing some tubies that have challenge 34c tires glued on, hopefully they won't check the little guys.... or i might just run 10psi :(

edit: anybody know if they check pit wheels for tire size? my set i got now that i'm throwing in the pit has a clemente pdx on the front, which is a true 34...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
don't trust the weather report too much. Currently it is clear blue sky and the snow is melting away.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
looks like it might rain this year. When are you coming to town?
Wife and I are poor these days, we're making it a day trip again this year. I'm hoping for apocalyptic conditions. That's the only way I stand a chance in hell of making lead lap this year.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Not looking like there will be too much ice. It rained last night and never got below freezing.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
raced saturday, was super nervous, pounded way too much drink mix/prerace about 45 minutes before i raced and i could feel it most of the race. got an awesome call up, 2nd row. the grass sections killed me though, couldn't mash hard enough. ended up 24th, lapped on the stairs, so like 30 seconds away from finishing. slightly disappointed, still stoked i got to race, lost my voice on sunday lowering the self esteem of the elite women and men on the hill right after the barriers, so much fun!

still looked pretty in pink!

Last edited: