Quantcast

***CTE Awareness Day, GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Snowing lightly here. Not planning on much today other than shooting over to Powder7 for store pickup of the wife’s new-to-her skis once they send the “order is ready” email.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi! LMFAO! I ran 7 miles this morning. I hit some ice and took a hard fall on the asphalt. It was a fast, hard fall. It's like one second I am running, and the next thing I know I am hitting the ground. No time for the brain to register that I am going down. Tore up my running tights pretty good. Bah. Wife made pancakes so all is well.

I've got some folks coming over later for food and the foosball game but mostly the food. I've got to get the meatballs in the crocker soon...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Did my first Brick in almost 15 years yesterday. Rode 31 miles and then did a 30 minute run. I'm going to need to do some stretching before doing anything today. Trying to decide between going riding or kayaking today as its going to be in the mid 70s again today. life is rough

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have nothing new to report.
  1. Telemark skiing is still stupid.
  2. Cold and overcast and kinda crappy out in town.
  3. It’s not really snowing in the mountains.
  4. Coffee is delicious.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cousin in law (effectively sister) in town tomorrow; lots of cleaning today. Deer in open space behind the house; Layla is losing her shit. Haley is watching skiing and climbing on Redbull channel. She now cannot decide whether she likes ski, bike, or climb better. Traditional sports aren't even on the radar anymore.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ski trip was meh and I cut it short early. With 40MPH winds and blowing snow (that is getting blown off icy trails instantly), the lifts of the 3/4th of the mountain I came for were closed and I was not in the mood for long lines & slow exposed lifts for meh green runs or stupid slow and heavy black runs covered with ice and whales of artificial snow, with eleventy billionty people on the slopes slowly traversing and pushing the heavy snow down. I got too old and want my yahd back. Back at home now, rain here, Moose juice to be cracked open soon.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Cousin in law (effectively sister) in town tomorrow; lots of cleaning today. Deer in open space behind the house; Layla is losing her shit. Haley is watching skiing and climbing on Redbull channel. She now cannot decide whether she likes ski, bike, or climb better. Traditional sports aren't even on the radar anymore.
12 years and she will be living in a Sprinter.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
After a lot of gravel, the trails finally got cold to freeze most of the mud. On top of that, we got a sprinkle of snow last night so it was a beautiful day in the woods:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
12 years and she will be living in a Sprinter.
I've told her that if she finds something that she likes to do and wants it to be a job, she'll get all the support she wants. She was asking about who films the Redbull shows and when I explained it she asked me to teach her how to use the camera.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Traveling for a one day class in OKC. I don't know who will win the super bolz, but I'm sure the FSM will be able to take time out of Syria, Africa and other shitholes to grant favor to the winning team.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Spent 6h yesterday shopping for supplies, 10h today cooking ramen. FFS. This dish will kill me. Wanted to create a recipe that saves time by doing it in a pressure cooker. Saving time my ass. 18h or 10h is no difference when you sleep 8h while cooking. Worst part is it didn't taste like it should. I'm buying a wine refractometer and stop playing. Will science the shit out of this soup and it will come out perfect even if my flat will smell like a dead pig and my gf stabs me for it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Spent 6h yesterday shopping for supplies, 10h today cooking ramen. FFS. This dish will kill me. Wanted to create a recipe that saves time by doing it in a pressure cooker. Saving time my ass. 18h or 10h is no difference when you sleep 8h while cooking. Worst part is it didn't taste like it should. I'm buying a wine refractometer and stop playing. Will science the shit out of this soup and it will come out perfect even if my flat will smell like a dead pig and my gf stabs me for it.
This is a pretty epic rant... even though I really have no idea what it means. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Slept in, lounged around and then decided to drag my fat ass outside. Only did a super short ride, but it was fun. Lots of snow falling; my tire prints were covered by the time I made my second way around one of the trails.

Odd thing too... Within the first 10 minutes of leaving the car, I heard 2-3 gun shots. Pretty odd for this forest, as it is a known hiking and dog walking spot. Well half way through the ride, I bumped into this guy in full out camo and a rifle. I said hello, but he gave me the stink eye and didn't even mumble a hello back. Luckily there was a police cruiser taking a shed break across from the trail head. Went and said hello to him and told him about mr grumpy rifleman.

Not exactly sure what happened as I didn't stop and ask, none of my business really, but I'm pretty sure as I cruised through the trail head ten minutes later, guy was getting his rifle confiscated. I feel bad for snitching, but you shouldn't hunt where you aren't supposed to, outside of hunting season and with a rifle (majority of these county forests are shotgun only), especially when this particular forest is literally feet from a freeway. Oh well.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Tired. Skied this morning after work for a bit. It sucked as our major snow that was supposed to come this week just plain didn't. Trails were packed and icy. The grooming rig was out and barely made a dent in the trail, talked to him for a bit and his plan was to make a few passes and hope it took..... Oh well, still a good work out. Maybe next year I will spring for some skate skis for this stuff

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have been in a FTS mode for a while so I've decided to up the ante and order a new HT frame to replace my old crabon 456 with a sky high BB. A red Yelli Screamy with an old fashioned nicht-bøøst axle will be built with 27.5" wheels because I like unrideabru low frames now. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yay Sport.

I got some space in the garage and set up the DJ bike on the trainer for spins. Its nice having some room, now see if I actually spin. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
like eric....i decided i needed to stretch before i did anything today.....so i stretched....morning constitutional....went back to bed....woke up about two oclock...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fulltrucker has a beard....no mutton chops....what sorcery is this.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have been in a FTS mode for a while so I've decided to up the ante and order a new HT frame to replace my old crabon 456 with a sky high BB. A red Yelli Screamy with an old fashioned nicht-bøøst axle will be built with 27.5" wheels because I like unrideabru low frames now. :D
if you ever decide you want a dentist hardtail....sklar bikes....breadwinner bikes.....waltworks....they make some beautifulstuff....look up on instagram...