Quantcast

Curnutt XTD F1 fork

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah I have my eye on a corsair complete bike over on pinkbike that has the potatocannon fork already on it. not a bad price for a complete and clean bike, but it has the goofnutt XTD fork and I had no idea whether it rode well or was as goofy as people say the rear shock was.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
but it has the goofnutt XTD fork and I had no idea whether it rode well or was as goofy as people say the rear shock was.
the XTD forks are amazing, but not really made for a small person...though soul-skier was able to rock one for a while and he's no giant.i personally prefered their original F1 forks, but still like the XTD.

because of the spacing on the fork, the turning radius isnt great and i believe it is a bit tall too...and its on the heavier side
yes it is a proprietary hub(Hadley 30mm) and rotor (4-bolt), but both come with the fork.

its funny that most people that comment on the Curnutt suspension, really have ZERO time on one or a few minutes in the parking lot. I had zero complaints on the performance of my shocks, though they were loud. i would gladly buy a XTD fork over a Boxxer or Fox (and i dont pay retail on Foes products)