Quantcast

curnutts

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
If they got rid of the "stick" when the shock turns around again, those shocks would be superb. I'm convinced it's just a seal issue.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
youd be right i think. both of mine do this. its really only noticeable in the parking lot
I've noticed it on the trail in smooth corners and flat corners too, but it wasn't so bad it broke traction or anything, just took note of it.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I've had a couple and enjoyed them. I only got rid of them because I was a whore at the time (still am just can't change as often as I like now due to kids) and wanted to try other things. This may just be psychological but I felt that the Ti spring was an improvement over the steel and it also seamed that the "seal" issue was less noticeable as the travel increased - my Fly always felt more compliant to small bumps than my FXR. I never had a problem w/traction w/either however and in spite of the FXR not feeling as plush as other trail bikes, it was still one of the better handling bikes I have ridden.

I know this isn't exactly apples to apples since you are looking at a 2:1 and neither of mine were but another thing worth mentioning is that I never had an issue with either bike. Frames and shocks were always very reliable.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
I retiered my '05 DHS w/ Curnutt front and rear. Fast in the steeps and very plush on big hits, but I wanted something lighter and more agile. Want to rebuild and bring it back to life though.
Or sell it cheap...? PM for more info.